Rem 5r 308

Gray R

Hey guys I've got an opportunity to pick up a dura coated 5r mil spec in a bell and Carlson m40 stock. If I decided I didn't use it enough would I be able
To get 6 or 700 back out of it pretty easy? I'm pretty sure if use it but if not I don't wanna be stuck with it. What's y'all's take on em?

If it was not duracoated, and if it was in the orignal HS Precision stock, then I would say you would have no issue getting $850 to $1000 for it...With a low round-count.

But the duracoating limites the market, and so does the M40 stock. Not that those stocks aren't good, as I have several B&C Medalist stocks, but an all-factory 5R will fetch more money because it will expand the market to more buyers, compared to one that has been modified and colored for 1 individual's intended purpose.

If you could get the duracoating completely off of it, I shouldn't see why you couldn't get $600-700 out of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.