Rem 260, Rel 26 & Badlands 125gr bullet

Hespco

Did a bit of testing this morning. Using my Savage 260 Rem ,model 16 stainless, 22" bbl, 1/8 twist. Worked up to a max ( safe in my rifle ) 47.5 grs Rel 26, CCI # 250 mag primer = 3036 fps. Started with two new Rem brand brass. The one three shot group I fired came out between 1/2" & 3/4" at 100yds. Just got too cold to continue ,
260 001.JPG
considering the wind & the low temp , about 30. After firing each of the two cases four times , primer pockets were still very snug. Cases extracted easily , & were neck sized only with a Lee Colet die for the first three firings. Primers were flattened a little . I consider performance like this from a case of this size , & a bullet of this weight to be great. IMHO. Attached is a picture of the Badlands 125gr , right side & Nosler 140gr AB , left side for comparison.

Last edited:

Hespco

Did some more testing today seating the Badlands 125 gr a little deeper. Set at an OAL of 2.840 & got two almost exactly the same 3 shot groups. Two shots in one hole with the third slightly left. With a BC of .510 this Badlands bullet shots flat. Was right on the money at my 424 yd target.

Attachments

• Badlands target 006.JPG
    Badlands target 006.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 2

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts