REM 22-250 VSSF ll

Thanks guys. Great Forum. Well, I'll keep it. After shooting my Model 12, the Rem has some big shoes to fill, but with the opionions, thoughts and experience from some of you, it sounds like the VSSF ll will do just fine. Now I just have to outfit it with a scope. Lots of choices out there. Not sure if I want a varmit retical or not. Nice for praire dogs, but easier with a duplex for yotes. Well, for me at least. I've got this deal that I have to match things, ya know. I've now got the 22-250 VSSF ll and the 300 RUM SF ll... there identical. The RUM is outfitted with a NXS NF.... the 22-250, nothing yet. Nightforce is over kill for the 22-250 and, well, to expensive. What would be some good choices for a mostly coyote hunting and some P. dogs? Like to keep it under $1000. Thanks for opinions.

Jason

I put one of the Sightron SIII's on my 308. It's the 6x24x50 MD. That thing is pretty incredible. Have only shot it up to 1060 and a lot of inbetween ranges, and it's spot on. Completely repeatable and returns to zero every time. They go for around $800 and well worth every penny of that.

Sounds like some good advice. Just get some trigger work done to it or replace it. Like Johnnyk said, get a good bedding job done. If it is not pillar bedded yet, I would look into having that done also. As far as scopes, I really like the target dots for fine work. I had to go to the smaller cross hairs and dot to see groundhogs at 1000+ yards. I use the Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40. It's no NF, but it works for me. Here are some that should meet your bill and fit the bill.

Sightron Riflescopes / Binoculars / Sighting Scopes product pages. SIII Series - SIII SS 6-24x50 LR MD

Sightron Riflescopes / Binoculars / Sighting Scopes product pages. SIII Series - SIII SS 8-32x56 LR FCH

Vortex Optics - Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle

Vortex Optics - Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Dead-Hold BDC Reticle

Any of the Leupolds outfitted with Target turrets are a winner. Nikon make some pretty good ones also in the Monarch series. So take your pic and do some research. Let us know how that rifle shoots. I saw a Remmy in a 7mm-08 at Cabela's in a heavy barrel I wouldn't have minded owning. It was a pretty nice rifle.

Tank

Another scope to consider that's also in the SIII price range is the Bushnell 6500 Elite. Recently aquired one and I must say the optics are pretty **** impressive. I've never been much of a fan of Bushnell stuff but after messing around with this 6500 I'm kinda of impressed. It's no NF or S&B but it's a fraction of the cost too. I like how positive the clicks are and the 6500 has it's own version of a zero stop. And like your Remy M700 the look good too. lol

Sounds like some good advice. Just get some trigger work done to it or replace it. Like Johnnyk said, get a good bedding job done. If it is not pillar bedded yet, I would look into having that done also. As far as scopes, I really like the target dots for fine work. I had to go to the smaller cross hairs and dot to see groundhogs at 1000+ yards. I use the Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40. It's no NF, but it works for me. Here are some that should meet your bill and fit the bill.

Sightron Riflescopes / Binoculars / Sighting Scopes product pages. SIII Series - SIII SS 6-24x50 LR MD

Sightron Riflescopes / Binoculars / Sighting Scopes product pages. SIII Series - SIII SS 8-32x56 LR FCH

Vortex Optics - Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle

Vortex Optics - Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Dead-Hold BDC Reticle

Any of the Leupolds outfitted with Target turrets are a winner. Nikon make some pretty good ones also in the Monarch series. So take your pic and do some research. Let us know how that rifle shoots. I saw a Remmy in a 7mm-08 at Cabela's in a heavy barrel I wouldn't have minded owning. It was a pretty nice rifle.

Tank

Thanks. As far as bedding goes, I think I'll just see how both new guns shoot with a set of Jewels and the H.S stocks. If I think (me thinking don't mean much) they could use a little more improvment, then I'll see about getting more work done. Can't wait to pick up the RUM with the Painkiller. Last one had the Holland. From what I've been told, it offers even less recoil. Getting off subject here. Anyway, starting to get expensive for these two rifles. I checked out all the scope options you and others mentioned. Very hard decision. All seem like really good scopes and will for sure end up getting one of them. I like the prices.... a lot. Not sure on turrets yet. Kinda whats holden my decision up as well. Once again, thanks for all the advice guys. Great Site.

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts