22-250 loads.

35-36g of varget with cci 200 or BR-2, with the 55 bullet just barely off the lands. For large coyotes, 55g Sierra spt, BTSP, and std 55g spt are hard to beat. These three bullets are also excellent on does with the 55g Sierra bthp being the toughest of them all.

Seat the bullets .003-.005 off the lands, but do not touch the lands.

I am going to be playing with some 55g Speer gold dots on hogs. 55g Sierra blitz kings are the most explosive on chucks and p. dogs I found of any 55g bullet, better than the 55g Hornady V max, and that is a mouth full!

Years ago, I shot a LOT of coyotes out West with 38.5-39.2g of H380, and ~41g of Win 760 in Remington 22/250's

34-34.5g of one of the 4895's also produce great groups with a federal 210, and around 35g of IMR 4064 with a cci 200, all with 55's.

Toughest rated 55's in my experience:

1. 55g Speer bonded core gold dot
2. 55g Sierra bthp
3. very close third is the 55g Hornady SP that is a flat base with the cannelure. I can not prove it, but it may help that the cannelure locks in the core to the jacket better. I have shot a few does with this bullet in a 223 rem 788, lung shots and they dropped at distances of less than 100 yards. The 55g Hornady is a very, very accurate bullet in my experience in multiple rifles, 12-14T.

I shoot both H380 and Varget. I like the accuracy of H380 in my rifle but I like Varget for temp stability. I'm often shooting from 100 degrees in the summer to -10 when hunting coyotes. I just picked up 8 lbs of Varget and only have about a pound left of H380. When the H380 is gone I'll just shoot the Varget.

I'm shooting 36.4 grains of Varget with 55 grain soft points out of my 22" stock Tikka. Velocity is 3427 fps over the labradar and consistent 1/2" groups.

Like Vince I'm shooting the 55 grain Hornady Flat Base Soft Points with cannelure and I really like them for coyotes.

I shoot both H380 and Varget. I like the accuracy of H380 in my rifle but I like Varget for temp stability. I'm often shooting from 100 degrees in the summer to -10 when hunting coyotes. I just picked up 8 lbs of Varget and only have about a pound left of H380. When the H380 is gone I'll just shoot the Varget.

I'm shooting 36.4 grains of Varget with 55 grain soft points out of my 22" stock Tikka. Velocity is 3427 fps over the labradar and consistent 1/2" groups.

Like Vince I'm shooting the 55 grain Hornady Flat Base Soft Points with cannelure and I really like them for coyotes.
I'm surprised with your velocity results. My Tikka hit 3700 fps with a few tenths more of varget and the 55 grain Blitz Kings.
I stopped using H380 about 30 years ago due to pressure fluctuations in hot weather, just too many better options out there.

I'm surprised with your velocity results. My Tikka hit 3700 fps with a few tenths more of varget and the 55 grain Blitz Kings.
I stopped using H380 about 30 years ago due to pressure fluctuations in hot weather, just too many better options out there.
I just load H380 during the temps I'm using them in. But if I can get a good load with a temp insensitive powder that is the way to go. Problem is these days temp insensitive powders are hard to get. Thankfully it is getting better.

What twist is yours? Mines the 1-8". I just got the rifle and only have about 80 rounds down the barrel for load development so I'm not sure if it will speed up.

I sold my rem 788 22-250 after I bought the Tikka. It still shot really accurate with 37.7 gr H380 and the Hornady 55 grain bullets but I had to seat bullets out so far that they wouldn't fit the magazine anymore. To say it had throat erosion would be an understatement. I thought about a new barrel but I had a 22-250 AI on a 788 action in the works so needed something easy. That gun turned out awesome. 1-7.7" Bartlien shooting 77 SMK shot a 1.6" group at 400 yards the other day in the wind.

I have 4 Tikka rifles. A 22-250, two .243's and a 270WSM. The .243's shoot in the expected reloading book velocity range. The 22-250 is slow (so far) and the 270 WSM is really slow. Accuracy in all of them is outstanding.

Fastest barrels I've shot seem to be the Savage 110's. I have a 25-06 and a 7mag and they are really fast and I'm not pushing them at all.

Buying a Tikka is like pressing the easy button in my opinion. Overall they are a really good value and they always seem to shoot well and sometimes great. My one 243 with 87 Vmax will shoot .25" groups consistently. My daughters .243 will shoot the 95 grain SST under 1/2" too. What more could you want?

What twist is yours? Mines the 1-8". I just got the rifle and only have about 80 rounds down the barrel for load development so I'm not sure if it will speed up.

I sold my rem 788 22-250 after I bought the Tikka. It still shot really accurate with 37.7 gr H380 and the Hornady 55 grain bullets but I had to seat bullets out so far that they wouldn't fit the magazine anymore. To say it had throat erosion would be an understatement. I thought about a new barrel but I had a 22-250 AI on a 788 action in the works so needed something easy. That gun turned out awesome. 1-7.7" Bartlien shooting 77 SMK shot a 1.6" group at 400 yards the other day in the wind.

I have 4 Tikka rifles. A 22-250, two .243's and a 270WSM. The .243's shoot in the expected reloading book velocity range. The 22-250 is slow (so far) and the 270 WSM is really slow. Accuracy in all of them is outstanding.

Fastest barrels I've shot seem to be the Savage 110's. I have a 25-06 and a 7mag and they are really fast and I'm not pushing them at all.

Buying a Tikka is like pressing the easy button in my opinion. Overall they are a really good value and they always seem to shoot well and sometimes great. My one 243 with 87 Vmax will shoot .25" groups consistently. My daughters .243 will shoot the 95 grain SST under 1/2" too. What more could you want?
Mine is also the 8 twist, shoots the 55s and the heavies really well. I also have a Savage with a custom 8 twist and an older varmint special with the 14 twist. Your tikka will probably speed up a little bit. I'm using Lapua brass so that may make a difference in the velocity if the case capacity is smaller.