need help with 22-250 load

SSCOYOTE
Where do you get the JLK bullets? I did not know they made light weight LD bullets. sounds interesting.

Bill

I believe that one of the advantages that Savage has over Remington and most all other factory barrels is their 1-12" twist which helps stabilize the heavier bullet. Berger offers a 60 gr, a 62 gr and a 64 gr in both 'match' and what they call their 'maximum expansion factor'. They all seem to group great in the 12 twist 22-250. They also have a 70 gr VLD although I've never attempted to load them.

Thus far the most accurate load I have been able to work up is a 62 Gr Berger Flat Based Moly Match bullet over 33.0 gr of Varget, Avg. Vel. 3,338 fps. My rifle will shoot this load into a five shot group at under 0.5 moa.

If you do a search here on JLK bullets i think there's another shop or two that carries them, otherwise you'll just have to order direct from Jimmy Knox via the phone # at the end of my last post.

I just checked the Berger website-- those 60,62, and 64 look good but I don't think they're considered Low Drag. Highest BC was .281 for the 64 gr. I really think that if you can get those JLK's to work they'll get you out there better than anything else around.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.