Reloder 33 temp sensitivity test

BUSTINDOGS

I did some testing this afternoon to see how sensitive reloder 33 is to temp changes. I have been loading my 7mm-375 Ruger with this powder and the 195 Berger bullet. Load is 82.5 grains with a cci-250 magum primer. I have shot this load all summer and have been tracking the velocity and found it consistent from 54-83 degrees F. Always around 3004-3030 fps. So on Friday night when I got home I threw 2 rounds in a zip lock bag and put them in the freezer. Now I didn't make it out shooting on Saturday so those rounds we're in there until Sunday afternoon. To make sure the cold rounds did have much time to warm up I setup the gun and had the magneto speed ready to go. I went back to the house and retrieved the two from the freezer and brought two more that we're in my ammo box on the reloading bench. Once back outside I chambered the first cold round and fired... 2968 fps I then waited about a minute then quickly chambered and fired the second cold round which record at 3006 fps. I then took my time and fired the two room temp rounds and one went 3030 the other was 3031 fps. The two from the bench were 59 degrees while the ones from the freezer should have been around 0 degrees.
I took some pictures but can not figure out how to get them to post from my phone.
Hope this helps someone I will do some more testing once it get good and cold up here.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.