Reloading newb

Hey all, I've realized I've accumulated hundreds of once fired 308 brass fire formed to a single chamber. I have always been curious but intimidated with reloading. As far as components what all would I need for developing a hand load for target shooting and hunting. Mostly need to know what primers, and powder to go with. I want to develop a load based on the Berger bullets in the 168-180 range. For reference I love to shoot and hunt with my 20 in 308 nothing fancy

Nice rig! Lots of good option with .308 Win.
All the recommendations here are solid. Be safe, work your loads up and enjoy your journey. It's a whole lotta fun!

Good to hear you're wanting to get into reloading. I must admit this is a tough time to dip your toes in and dabble in different components to really get a grasp on the art of reloading. But don't let that scare you. I dont have any experience with the 308 but it appears many have already posted great recommendations. Get yourself a good book and start compiling consumables. Looks like a fine rifle that should shoot fantastic when you find what it likes. Sometimes I feel like I chase my tail with certain rifles but looking at it now I think the challenge is motivating. Keep us posted on your success!

I started reloading with the 308win. As has been mentioned it is a wonderful cartridge to start reloading. I started with brass from factory ammo and it worked fine for me. Buy a couple of manuals and spend the time to read the basics of reloading. LR Primers are the toughest thing to find at reasonable prices. CCI, Winchester and Federal will all work, but buy a brick and keep your loads consistent with the same primers if possible. Go slow and be very methodical in reloading.
Welcome to the rabbit hole. It grows deeper with time, but sure is fun.