Reloading for the 257 Weatherby

Double Dropper

Looking hard a a Bee, selling the 25-06 and curious what most are using for loads? I get the 100 gr TTSX or others pushing a 130 grain fodder, can a standard Vanguard with a 24 inch barrel stabilize these long bullets? Favorite loading would be nice.

I like the 100 TTSX with Reloder 22 and MRP about 71 grains give or take. H1000 is great with heavier bullets. Imr 7828 as well. No experience with 130's but I have read they need faster twist rates the 1in 10 standard with the 257 WBY Vanguard.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

The 131 BJ will need I believe a 8 twist out of the 257 Weatherby. I'm building a 25-284 with a 1-7.25". No factory guns that I know of will get you a fast enough twist to shoot the 131 gr. As I posted on AO thread. I'd re barrel to 25-06AI with a fast twist. I'm sure you got brass Already. Fire form 100 pieces while breaking in your new barrel and get close to Weatherby performance. But if you want a 257 Weatherby there's nothing wrong with that. I totally understand making a change. I do it all to often!! Fun changing and getting a new gun. The 131 BJ is also available in Canada. Which was a nice surprise. Got 500 in the mail as I type this.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.