Reloading for a 6.5 Grendel

I posted this in the Reloading forum but never got a bite on it, I have a 6.5 Grendel in an AR-15 and wanted to know if anyone reloads for the Grendel? If so, what are you guys using for Powder and bullets? I do not have any dies yet, but plan to start looking at doing so in a few months. I have Hammer Hunters in 110gr and 124gr, but have no idea what is a good powder for this cartridge. Any help from those that have reloaded for this cartridge would be greatly appreciated.
I load 107 smk with TAC and have seen the best results with my 24" barrel 6.5 grendel

Since I have never reload for an AR, do you guys bump shoulder .002 like we do on bolt rifles?
I don't and have never needed to do any neck adjustments. The only thing I do on any of my autos are crimp. Works for me, but others go a different direction.

A gunsmith friend gave me a 26 inch Krieger take off in 6.5x47 from a bolt gun. I harvested good 22 + inch ( could not recall the exact number) from the middle and chambered it 6.5 Grendel. I pulled loads from the 6.5G forum and fired them. No load work, no shoot-clean routine. Used H4895 to center it and then tried another load with MR2000 (have used this powder extensively in my CMP/NRA service rifles) Have been using the MR2000 since. 31.4. My buddy who plugged the group in the app mistyped 31.9.

Range 200 yards. The velocity is the average with the 31.4
20210113_184741.jpg
20200710_170754.jpg
20200710_162556.jpg

That is running suppressed with a legacy Surefire FA762SS.

Been hunting with a Grendel for six years now, started with Tac and XBR. Used power pro varmint for several years with good results. Now trying Norma 201 about as much as I can stuff in the case. 32.5 grains 99 grain Hammer hunter little over 2800. Seat to the top groove and lightly crimp in my bolt gun. CZ 527. Gun has always ran a little slow, sons18 inch AR is a little faster.

The Grendel is one of those that gets you going down that rabbit hole! Not complaining as it's fun for me. Got a bolt and AR and use, LVR, 335, XBR, CFE 223, 2520, RX10, ProVarmint, TAC and I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.

The Grendel is one of those that gets you going down that rabbit hole! Not complaining as it's fun for me. Got a bolt and AR and use, LVR, 335, XBR, CFE 223, 2520, RX10, ProVarmint, TAC and I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.
Ain't that the truth. There a lot of powder/Bullet combination that will work. I'm currently trying to narrow down to 1 or 2 loads per caliber. I have several bottles of powder that I've loaded 10 rounds or less from when experimenting that I will probably never use again.

Quickload has helped reduce that issue quite a bit.

I posted this in the Reloading forum but never got a bite on it, I have a 6.5 Grendel in an AR-15 and wanted to know if anyone reloads for the Grendel? If so, what are you guys using for Powder and bullets? I do not have any dies yet, but plan to start looking at doing so in a few months. I have Hammer Hunters in 110gr and 124gr, but have no idea what is a good powder for this cartridge. Any help from those that have reloaded for this cartridge would be greatly appreciated.
CFE 223 for Grendel

My Grendel caused me to take up reloading. Rabbit hole is saying it lightly. I have used LT-30 for 123's (FMJ and Custom Comps.) with good results. XBR for 129gn Interlocks. Using 2460 now cause it's available and I can buy it direct from Hogdon. It pushes the 123's and the 129's real good; also works for 3 other rounds I load for(5.56,.308, 30-30). I use Starline brass when I can find it. Fire formed a few hundred Starline 7.62x39 cases with very good results. And I always use the Lee Factory Crimp (@ButterBean approved). My coal for the 123's is 2.24" and 2.22 for the 129's. I back off the lands a bit to insure battery. My rifle is an 18" AR.

Last edited: