Reloading for 410 3 inch powder and stuff.

204_ruger

I bought a new 410 Turkey gun. 26 inch mossy oak camo screw in choke. It came with a extended xx full Turkey choke. I have to buy a full modified and IC. I am going to use it for squirrel hunting 99% of the time. Who makes a good 3 inch hull? I' m going to use 5's or 6's. I have some win 296 on hand. Wish I could use 700x I have a 12 pd keg of it. I use 700x in my crow loads. May also use to shoot a few crows. I fount some new cheddite and fiocchi . Both hulls comes primed 16.00 per 100. I couldn't find and Winchester, Federal, or Remington 3 inch used hulls.Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the .410 world of fun. I recommend Winchester AAHS hulls, if you will be reloading them more than a few times. They usually outlast other brands when repeatedly reloaded. For load recipes, go to:
http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/shotgun The two powders listed are actually the same, sold under different labels as you will see from the data. I hope you enjoy shooting your new shotgun. -Ed

I looked for AA hulls . Everyone was sold out of them. I used to shoot Sporting Clay's for yrs . That's the hull I used to load and activate hulls also. I couldn't find any Winchester, federal, or Remington hulls. Just the 2 I listed just my luck. What wad works good for 3 inch hulls. I will have to get my fox pro caller and decoys out. Hit the crows as soon as the leaves start dropping.

Walmart and the gun shops have them 14.00 to 18.00 per box 3 inch 4 and 6's shot. As much as I crow hunt I will be getting a reloader. I load for everything else . I am going to get a 20ga and 410 mec loaders. I have a mec 12ga loader. I like #5s on squirrels why hunting in national forest. The tress's are tall. I did look at the data. I dont have any 296 or 110. I have Winchester super lite 2pds and and super target 1 pd. & 12pd keg 700x. I know they wont work in 410. Have to look to see if they will work in 20ga. I will buy a 4 or 8 pd bottle of 110. That will last a long time for a 410.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.