Reloading first time

One of the tools I would recommend is a Hornady head space comparator. You need to know how much you are sizing your brass.
[/QUOTE
🤔🧐What equipment you'll need is dependent on the outcome you expect. If you're not after .25 MOA accuracy you can get by with your basic RCBS setup. If your after being able to shoot flies off your target @ 100 yards?... well?... how much money and time do you have?🤣🤭
I think this is also dependent on the rifle you are reloading for, if you are shooting an off the shelf rifle with factory saami spec barrel you will be wasting your money to buy expensive bushing dies and doing things such as neck turning, simple recipe, Redding body die, Lee collet die and good quality seating die will fit the needs of most of us that shoot factory barrels, also good quality brass, the best quality equipment will not make good brass out of bad brass, it may improve it slightly but not enough to to make any difference, it will still be bad just not as bad.

Using the headspace comparator is not about reloading 1/4 moa ammo. It's about not over sizing your brass and creating a head space issue. Yes it can happen if you follow the dies instructions and blindly size your brass to at or below min and have a longish chamber. Ask me how I know this.

Using the headspace comparator is not about reloading 1/4 moa ammo. It's about not over sizing your brass and creating a head space issue. Yes it can happen if you follow the dies instructions and blindly size your brass to at or below min and have a longish chamber. Ask me how I know this.
Right the headspace comparator is about making a safe load but it is absolutely about making accurate ammo also, just keeping the headspace the same reduces variables in ammo contributing to accuracy, that's our goal, make same bullet everytime, both to little and to much headspace can result in a dangerous condition but the right amount can result in increased accuracy, many competition shooters are about about .002 short of max chamber length which is a close as I would go but you may find it shoots fantastic .004 short, i test at different headspaces for best groups and I believe it is a huge part of squeezing out the best accuracy from your rifle.