Reloading first time

Can't disagree with most anything said…..however, I'll make a different recommendation on the press.

Consider a turret press……Lyman or RCBS are both good,

You mentioned 3 specific rifle cartridges. With the 6 station turret press, you can mount 3 -2 die rifle sets, and once set up never have to remove those dies, perhaps only adjust the seating die with a bullet type change.

I've used turrets since the early'70's, starting with the Lyman on the time. It's pretty weak as compared to what is available now…..many thousand handgun cartridges where loaded on this press plus quite a few rifle cartridges. I still have that press, and do to it's design weaknesses (head flex) …..it's been regulated to handgun (less critical plinking loads)!

Many people "bad mouth" the turret presses……and maybe, if you're shooting competition with a many thousand $ rifle their resistance may be valid. That said, my 9 lb, heavy recoil hunting rifle is fully capable of sub 2 inch groups @ 300 yards from the bench. I'm certain that a good shooter could improve upon that!

So…….do a little research on today's turret presses! memtb

Get a Hornady lock n load press and bushings, rcbs dies, Hornady bullet puller that will fit in the press. The best scale you can afford, loading block they are all about the same, powder funnel, manual case prep tools, harbor freight digital calibers. Case lube

Can Of Worms Meme GIF by Hyper RPG
I personally prefer the Forster CO-AX press. Solid single stage precision, quick change die system (no turret required) and will prime your brass as well. Any reputable press/equipment will perform well, it very fast becomes personal preference. Depends on how accurate is accurate enough, how accurate are you, how accurate is your rifle, how much money are you willing to spend, how much time are willing to dedicate to the reloading bench... You're about to enter an area with a lifetime of rabbit holes! I love reloading, I love rabbit holes.

One of the first things I'd do is find a competition shooter/reloaded near you. He will be able to give you a lot of insite into presision reloading. A mentor is worth a thousand posts. Reloading equipment, here lies a problem. Truth is the really good stuff ain't cheap. Most of us started off with something and over the years moved up to something better. The "Buy once cry once" theory comes into play. I'll bet most of us have a cabinet dedicated to the "STDW" stuff that don't work anymore. Not that it doesn't work it's just been replaced by a newer better item. I prefer the Forster coax press, more expensive than the others but I feel it has advantages over the others. Scale: nothing wrong with a good beam scale whether it's a Dillon, RCBS or other. Besides a lot of the brands are made by Ohas anyway. Dies: don't skimp here. These may be the most important part of the reloading setup. Redding, Forster Benchrest you can't go wrong.

Buy current Sierra and Lyman loading manuals as the very minimum and read about handloading before purchasing any equipment. An understanding of the entire process is of the greatest importance. Much better way to begin than getting an abbreviated and second rate YouTube/ Internet handloading education. No doubt some good stuff online, but much of it isn't and until you have the background to judge the good from the worthless, avoid these sources. If you can't take the time to do it right, handloading is probably not for you.

Invest in top notch reloading literature! First!

I have a library of reloading manuals but also old school books on Wildcats, Substitute Powders, How Cases are Manufactured etc.

Many years ago I toured Ruger and Savage. I found their staff amazing. Did you know, as of just 2 years ago, Hornady gives tours of their production facilities! And they sell bullets very cheaply in the lobby!

These forums are amazing and helpful. But in person, amazing. If you ever travel overseas to Germany, Munich has the Deutches Museum and the Jaeger Museum. Both have incredible displays and staff to discuss the oldest designs in firearms to modern equipment. (Yes, they speak English if need be).

This is very much just my approach and is by no means universal but my order of operations is:

1. Deprime on press with universal depriming die.
2. Wet tumble with stainless steel media, a couple squirts of dish detergent, and 1/4 tsp citric acid powder (removes copper oxides from brass)
3. Anneal neck/shoulder
4. Lubricate brass
5. Size brass (die set to .003" shoulder bump). There's tons of ways to do this. Some rifles I use a body die + Lee collet die to size the body and neck separately, some just get run through a full length sizing die, some get run through a shoulder bump neck bushing die then expanded using a mandrel to set tension. I'm sure there's more ways to do it as well.
6. Wash brass to remove lubricant
7. Trim any over-length brass to SAAMI max length.
8. Chamfer inside of case mouth
9. Prime brass
10. Lubricate case mouth with graphite dry lube.
11. Throw powder charge -1gr from dispenser
12. Weigh on beam scale and trickle until desired weight is achieved, sometimes I have to use tweezers to add or remove a few granules of powder
13. Seat bullets a few thousandths long
14. Measure CBTO
15. Adjust micrometer seating die to seat bullet to desired CBTO (accounts for variation in ogive between bullets)

I'm less than $600 USD in on reloading equipment. Lee 50th anniversary kit (the one that primes on press), a digital caliper, OAL gauge with comparators, digital scale (though I spot reference with the beam scale that came with the kit), rcbs full length die set, Lee neck sizing die, Lee trimming die, universal decapping, Lyman multi-prep tool and a Lyman powder trickler. I also have an RCBS lube kit for full length sizing. For cleaning I just use a solution of citric acid, dish soap and hot water with frequent agitation then clean the case mouths with a neck brush. I'll likely invest in cleaning equipment soon, but have a ton of new Starline brass to fire off first.

I have worked up 2 loads for my 06 in 150gn SST and 168gn Barnes TTSX. Bear in mind that I am only a hunter and occasional plinker, but am still getting sub MOA loads on a factory Savage and can make about 50 rounds an hour with this relatively cheap set up on new brass and a little less when sizing fired brass is required.

As an aside, Starline brass is a great option if you don't want to spend a ton on the Norma, Nosler, ADG or Lapua. It's is very uniform - though I have no data on reloads yet in terms of longevity or primer pockets.

First thing you should do is by a manual and read it. Then make some informed decisions based your budget. The only thing Lee I would buy is their hand primer and their Dies. If I were starting out I'd buy a high quality RCBS kit. Then you can add to that as you need to ie, auto powder dispenser, gauges, etc….. Have fun as it's a real deep rabbit hole your about to journey down. Stay safe!

Rockchucker for first year, then dillion 550c. For a first class rig, probably about $1500 to $2000 for everything. Annealing, stainless pin tumbler, rockchucker plus dillion 550c, case gage, chamber gage, micrometer seating die, rcbs small base dies with taper crimp, bullet puller, micrometer, electronic scale, stuck case set, spray lube plus pasty lube, books, books, books, extra parts.

Great hobby!

Every time I add a Caliber with my 550 I buy:

Caliber conversion kit
Toolhead
Rcbs small base dies, taper crimp
Chamber gage(Slotted)
Case gage
Forster Micrometer seating die
Brass
Bullets

Someone mentioned garage sales. Watch these, estate sales, even things like Craigslist.

Things pop up form time to time as you must buy the whole lot. It is used but you can get some good value items at a discount. Even if the dies or brass aren't what you want, it gives you trading pieces to get what you want. A lot of times through these sales you see powders and primers in the package they won't sell by themselves. Powders are becoming more available, but primers are tricky to come by….

If you are wanting to jump in and buy new, there are a lot of good suggestions already noted.

My $0.02

I would like to start reloading did some research need recommendations. Will start with 270
6.5 Creedmoor.
What equipment will I need and what is the most reliable brand.
I would look at buying used equipment on some things such as manuals, etc. You can pick some good things up at estate sales. Some like new. And bullets, powders, primers. I would be careful when buying powders though. You just never know. It could be something it's not supposed to be. I have bought some like this. Can was marked different. But still not sure if it is, what it is supposed to be. A little caution here but otherwise just make sure you don't spend more than it's worth. I have got LEE, RCBS, LYMAN calipers for less than $7.00. I have seen dies go cheap. But again inspect what you're bidding on. Older manuals are nice to have. I saw an all but new RCBS press sell for $109.00 last weekend. It also had the trimmer, & other RCBS equipment go with it as a package. This was RCBS newest trimmer. I'm not sure on your financials ? But doesn't everyone likes to save a dollar ?