Reloading components

Welcome from Wolverine state! Thank you for what you did/do!

Reloading components? Make friends with all LGS (Local Gun Shop) in 100 mile radius of your home and ask them to send text, email etc if they get anything in you need. This has worked for a lot of folks. Don't get so hung up on one powder. Many of found alternatives that are more readily available and work fine. Don't overlook Accurate or Ramshot powders, they perform well.

Mag primers? Get in line with the other 100K LRH members looking for it. If you want them bad enough, be prepared to pay ridiculous prices or don't shoot.

Since you are "desperate" for components, be vigilant for scams. If a unknown site has everything, I can guarantee it is a scam site. If site doesn't take CC's, most likely a scam, you have no protection otherwise. Its so bad, Hodgdon has a warning on their site for their look alikes and be aware. Don't let desperation overwhelm your common sense. Plenty on LRH have been bit in butt from scam sites.

So enjoy and hide your CC's when reading all the discussions or buy an extra gun safe now.

depending on where you are or look retumbo, h1000, rl33, rl26,25 and many others sit in shelves along with cci primers for anything you want to load. prices are up but what isnt inflated anymore. stuff is out of hand but whatever you need can be found for a price. if you want to pay for it or not thats another deal. im lucky i guess because my local shop by our fab shop has alot of everything but prices suck. is what it is.

depending on where you are or look retumbo, h1000, rl33, rl26,25 and many others sit in shelves along with cci primers for anything you want to load. prices are up but what isnt inflated anymore. stuff is out of hand but whatever you need can be found for a price. if you want to pay for it or not thats another deal. im lucky i guess because my local shop by our fab shop has alot of everything but prices suck. is what it is.
Very true. For my the closest shop is a 50 min. Drive, which makes it more difficult. I scored an 8lb jug of R33 a couple months ago. I needed to pick my daughter up at the airport, so I popped in a store and there it was. I had to pay $500.00 for it though.

Yes while searching hill and dale for different items powder/ primers I'm pretty sure I have run into Big B a few times. I just figured he was a another hunter that had been out in the field for an extended time? Best to all in your search we are now into another season that we all look forward to.

Retumbo, actually AR2225, is made by ADI in Australia and imported and distributed by Hodgdon. ADI has suffered multiple issues over the last 3 to 4 years including plant fires and has been having delivery issues most of that time. News on that front has been limited this year but you might find this from last December interesting.

http://www.adiworldclass.com.au/2021/12/16/propellant-update/

My casual observations:

Our LGS' have shelf sagging amounts of 9mm Luger, .223 & rimfire ammo, probably because of heavy demands, like there is a market for that stuff so let's produce lots of it. Increasing amounts of .17 HMR ammo.

Some small rifle primers are seen, like CCI 41's, probably because there is a demand for AR ammo.

LGS' have CFE223 & other Accurate powders suitable for .223 & .308.

Large Rifle Primers are impossible to find. My shooting now is: .20P, .204R, .223, 6mmCM (SRP) & 6.5CM (SRP). I lucked out on 1,000 Rem 7 1/2's (hotter than most SRP) & use them with ball powders in 6mmCM (SRP) & 6.5CM (SRP).

Have seen some Benchmark (ADI).

Factory .300 WM ammo has been non exsistant too. I can go to Sportsman's, and they will have 500 boxes of various .308 Win on the shelf, but nary a box of .300 WM.

Run across this at the LGS today. Been looking for months.

Attachments

• KIMG0182.JPG
    KIMG0182.JPG
    731.5 KB · Views: 21