Reloading Bench Set-Ups

That's what I was looking for, some ideas to expand operations some. I have plenty of room on the left side if I move the tall lamp, that's what I should do...an L-shape bench. The tracks sound good but I'm afraid that I'm a creature of habit and like each piece to stay in the same position, guess that's a personal preference and maybe a shortcoming. I don't use the barrel and action vise enough to need it at the left corner, easy to swap out barrels but once I get one shooting I hate to change anything, another quirk I guess. It can go at the end of extension, I just went down and measured and its an L-shape for sure with what I got to work with. Its a tiny room in an older house that was made for a kids room, one of my boys used it when we first moved in years ago. With two windows and all my deer horns on the other useable wall its a no-brainer. Funny I can build what I need but I live here and couldn't see it, wow a winter project for me. Thanks for ideas and suggestions, I may have it done before forester starts to ship presses ;) Dave

Can buy a blank plate from Inline Fab to bolt the vise to as well. I resisted buying (vs. building) for a while, but I needed to make it happen and I was far from having a design that I thot would do what I needed it to do. So I bought the Inline stuff thinking if it didn't work for me that I could re-sell it. It does work, so I'm keeping and expanding with it.

Hopefully, within the next year, we will be finishing our basement and part of that will be my reloading/gun room. So I have been watching for ideas for a new reloading bench as well as the rest of the room. I am considering an L-shaped bench with T-track. I also need to work out handy storage for things I use the most frequently. I am thinking about pegboard but I'm also looking for something better. I always hated grabbing a tool from pegboard and getting the hanger as well.

Hopefully, within the next year, we will be finishing our basement and part of that will be my reloading/gun room. So I have been watching for ideas for a new reloading bench as well as the rest of the room. I am considering an L-shaped bench with T-track. I also need to work out handy storage for things I use the most frequently. I am thinking about pegboard but I'm also looking for something better. I always hated grabbing a tool from pegboard and getting the hanger as well.
Not a fix all solution but magnetic tool strips work well for some of these requirements.

I put mag strips ON my pegboard. Have yet to pull a hanger off the pegboard, but if/when that happens I'll Safety Wire* it so it can't happen again.

i-fKHCmTv-M.jpg

*If you haven't found Safety Wire pliers and the spools of wire you're in for a treat. I keep a set of these and a spool of .032" wire in every off-pavement capable vehicle, and the good set of pliers in the shop.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts