Reloading 168 berger vlds...need advice

mariner1995

Getting into reloading my 7mm Rem Mag with 168 Berger vlds. I have a factory model 700 with a 26 inch barrel and am looking for advice for a consistent load gun) Thanks.

If you want consistancy, H1000 is the most consistant powder i've found. Every rifle is different, there is no 2 the same. There is no consistant load for a Remington, that won't work in a Winchester. Every rifle has their own specific load. I can give you a Min. & Max. recommended load, but you'll have to do some progression to figure out what works best for you.

yeah ive been reading up on it and everyone is saying H1000...just didnt know if there was anything any other good options...do you have a preference on what primers to use? or does that not really matter?

yeah ive been reading up on it and everyone is saying H1000...just didnt know if there was anything any other good options...do you have a preference on what primers to use? or does that not really matter?

I hear good things about IMR 7828 SSC... I have some, but haven't tried it yet.

For primers I only use Federal. For magnum calibers I use 215 or 215M. Some claim the Gold Medal Match 215M primers are more consistant, but I have found that I am just as consistant loading with regular Fed 215 primers.

oh okay ill give federal primers a try...just got to find some and some powder...just called around to my local gun shops and nobody has anything...and nah its not a sendero...i just have an sps...nothing special

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.