Reloader 26 in 6.5 creedmoor

Thanks for sharing! I've also heard many great things with Peterson brass, I just might have to give them a shot.

Quick question for you, since you're playing with RL-26 in 6.5 CM, have you done any load workup for the 147 ELD-M?
No I haven't. My creed likes Berger 135's, Berger 140vld's, hornady 140 eldm, and 142 smk's..... i will give u a load with SMK, 48gr of 26 .013 off lands... Give it a shot at your risk no pressure signs in Hornady once fired brass.

D5A24AD1-A521-44B4-AEA5-253D0007A237.jpeg
BF520F32-EEAB-4804-9C4D-BF16656CAFDA.jpeg
CA2C5EDC-EE02-4E61-B95A-AD1901C3C0E6.jpeg
00F2B045-36C1-462E-9432-D0E556DDCD39.jpeg
1109B897-5616-48ED-AFA5-9D6B3CD36D7F.jpeg
Went out today and here are the groups... All groups were shot with h4350 43grns,43.2grns, and 43.4 140grn Berger, 140 eldm, and (135grn Berger with rl26 49.2gr hornady brass). 1st starline lr brass 43grn h4350 140eld's, 2nd Berger 140 Peterson brass 43.2 h4350, 3rd 135 Berger, 4th and 5th Peterson brass 43.4grns h4350 140 eldm. Here r the numbers 135's 2924 FPS sd 4.4, Berger 140's 2784 Sd 3.3, Hornaday 140 eldm 2804 sd 7.5. Didn't magnospeed the Starline, it still needs some work.

I have used R26 in both the 30-06AI as well as the 280AI with very impressive results, both velocity and accuracy. I know it is used in many other cartridges, but those are the two I have tried. I will say this, it likes three things to do it's best...a long barrel, a heavy bullet and room for enough powder. In fact, even with compressed powder charges in my AI rifles I saw no signs of pressure whatsoever. It seemed as if I could not get enough powder into the case to cause a problem. I say this with caution and it seemed to good to be true...wanting a bigger case to see just how much velocity I could get before the pressure issue kicked in. R-26 is fantastic powder to be sure. Almost makes me want to build a 7mm Magnum as much as I hate a belted case!!!

I have used R26 in both the 30-06AI as well as the 280AI with very impressive results, both velocity and accuracy. I know it is used in many other cartridges, but those are the two I have tried. I will say this, it likes three things to do it's best...a long barrel, a heavy bullet and room for enough powder. In fact, even with compressed powder charges in my AI rifles I saw no signs of pressure whatsoever. It seemed as if I could not get enough powder into the case to cause a problem. I say this with caution and it seemed to good to be true...wanting a bigger case to see just how much velocity I could get before the pressure issue kicked in. R-26 is fantastic powder to be sure. Almost makes me want to build a 7mm Magnum as much as I hate a belted case!!!

Same with me, seems in normal temps I can't see any pressure signs from it in my HMR however QL shows I'm definitely over sami specs. Waiting on some warmer weather to test further.

I really like Rl26 for volocity and accuracy with my 135grn load. It comes on between 500 to 800 yrds. There is a node at 3010fps however, I see no need to push a creed that fast. I am gonna see what I can do with 140eldm's and Rl26.

Does anyone have any data using RL26 with 130 VLDs? Was looking for a place to start. Also, what primers would be best? Using Hornady brass, 20" bbl, 8 twist. Thanks!

Yes, start at 47.5grns with cci br2 primers... load those 12 thousandth's off your lands.. watch for pressure sign...

Ok I need help. I used RL26 in my 7mm and it was super simple. My 6.5 CM is killing me. I have smashed primers no matter what. I have quickload and nothing is matching up as I'm seeing pressure when I think I shouldn't. I'm too frustrated to read this thread right now but please have mercy on me as I'll put everything out there and come back when I'm not crazy and read it with a cool head and hopefully if I missed something obvious you guys can tell me.

I have a semicustom rifle I guess you would call it. 26" 1-8 twist Bartlein.
140 grain Berger Elite hunter, new Nosler brass. 210 gm primer.
Coal 2.875 and 20 off lands
Case length 1.905
H20= 53.00 grains actual was 53.3 but being conservative.
So QL shows my max load at 50 grains as the last near max warning.
Anyway I've tried some loads and today I loaded up 45.0 grains convinced I would be fine. Nope. Completely smashed primers. No lip but as smashed as it gets.
QL says my pressure should be roughly 42,227

Ok I need help. I used RL26 in my 7mm and it was super simple. My 6.5 CM is killing me. I have smashed primers no matter what. I have quickload and nothing is matching up as I'm seeing pressure when I think I shouldn't. I'm too frustrated to read this thread right now but please have mercy on me as I'll put everything out there and come back when I'm not crazy and read it with a cool head and hopefully if I missed something obvious you guys can tell me.

I have a semicustom rifle I guess you would call it. 26" 1-8 twist Bartlein.
140 grain Berger Elite hunter, new Nosler brass. 210 gm primer.
Coal 2.875 and 20 off lands
Case length 1.905
H20= 53.00 grains actual was 53.3 but being conservative.
So QL shows my max load at 50 grains as the last near max warning.
Anyway I've tried some loads and today I loaded up 45.0 grains convinced I would be fine. Nope. Completely smashed primers. No lip but as smashed as it gets.
QL says my pressure should be roughly 42,227
For reference, my .260 Ackley Improved maxed out at 51.5 grains going 3170 fps with a Berger 140 vld, and h20 capacity is 57.5 grains. My load I use is 49.1 grains going 3070 fps....in other words, I'm fairly certain something in your quick load is incorrect. If I'm maxed out at only 1.5 grains more than what quickload says for a creed in a cartridge that has 4.2 grains more h20 capacity, something is wonky. Did you chronograph your loads? How was bolt lift? Any other pressure signs? Something with your particular gun may just generate a little more pressure. Quickload is a great tool, but don't rely on it too much!!

If I was seeing pressure at 45, I would load at 40 and work up in 1 grain incriments. Not sure what is working for others in their creeds, but yours may be different.

I use Nosler brass and get a avg. of 52.6 H2O. What temp are you shooting in? You absolutely need a chrono to see if speed is matching your pressure signs. Are you SURE you are not jammed in lands? Did you have heavy bolt lift with primer smash? Try loading a round or two at shorter coal near sami length, seems like you may be into lands.

Yes in my frustration I didn't mention I use my labradar every time. I'm not at home but my 45.0 grain load averaged something like 2780 roughly. No heavy bolt lift at this charge or even at higher 47 grain charge. I fully realize QL limitations but if QL says my max load would be 50 grains and I'm flattened at 45 grains we all know that's not even in the same country it's so far off. Plus if I keep going lower I could be the only person on the planet using RL26 and shooting 2600 FPS The other thing is I've rechecked my measurements to the lands 10 different times. I've had my extremely competent friend double check many times and same measurements. This is why I am frustrated and baffled.
I put in a very detailed email to the guy from Quickload. He's in Germany right now with the developer and so hopefully he gets it. Again QL is a tool but if it can't get me within 5+ grains then what's the point of QL?

Recent Posts