Reloader 26 in 6.5 creedmoor

For what it's worth, we shot rl-26 in my dad's 22in with the 140 eld-m and from what I remember it was right around 2900 or a hair over. I dont remember the charge we ran
That seems to be within what QL default values show and under CIP pressure.
Hey is it cold in New Hampshire :confused:

Bowfishin,
If I am reading this right, the Lapua brass pressured out sooner with yielding less velocity?

Bowfishin,
If I am reading this right, the Lapua brass pressured out sooner with yielding less velocity?
Yes it has less case capacity so that would be right.
Most of the guys that have me check for loads using Lapua Brass have about 51.5 gr of H2O capacity. It would pressure out at 2865 fps @ 62,134 psi with a 22" barrel.
If you could load long Mag Capacity say 2.860" you could get up to 2867 fps but the case fill is over 107% and I am not sure you could get it in, I have found around 106% is about all I can get in my cases. If your lot ran higher ba it would take less powder to get to pressure and those figures may be due able.
26" barrel will yield about an extra 100 fps.

Last edited:
Just FYI.

You can now watch a thread without having to TAG IN. There is a "Watch Thread" button just above the right top side of the first thread box in each page display. If you click it, you will be notified of new posts in your Alerts section. It works great.

When you TAG in, it makes other users following the thread to have to go look at the thread just to discover that you decided to "TAG IN".

It's a great new tool on the forum. Just saying......

My last Lot of RL26 had a Burn Rate Factor ba of 0.3569, with that rate it will pressure out in a Lapua case (51.5 gr H2O) with 47.4 gr RL26 (106%) using HBN coated 143 ELD-X bullets using COAL of 2.860" out of a 26" barrel velocity of 2976 fps @ 62,343 psi.
My Nosler cases are 52.7 gr H2O so I can get 48.2 gr RL26 (105%) with everything the same gives me 2987 fps @ 62,358 psi. With my 26" build it is on a Long Action so I can load to 2.890" at about .020" off the lands. It give a max of 2998 fps with 48.6 gr. but longer COAL.
Hornady cases usually have the most case capacity.
There are a lot of thing to factor in and then it is where your accuracy node is.

She's down south of Claremont in Unity where I'll be running around looking for an opportunity to shoot one

Recent Posts