Release Agent for Glass Bedding Cerakote???

Heat, like a hair dryer or oven? If so, how hot. It seems like there was something years ago that included lanolin as an ingredient.

Brownell's has two types of Accra Release, the liquid, and the spray. I have used the spray for 30 years.

On another topic concerning Hornady One Shot, I found that if you spray the cases, let the wax set up on them for 15 minutes, you get very good results. I use commercial cookie sheets to place the brass on. Two methods, you can stand the cases up on the cookie sheet, spray from one range, then rotate, spray again. Another method is to lay them down on the cookie sheet, spray, tilt the cookie sheet rolling the cases around, then spray again.

I consider it critical to let the wax set up on the cases. If you are in a hurry, put the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes, the wax will set up.

I now make my own lube with HEAT and Lanolin.
Thanks, didn't realize they had a spray until this thread.

Brownell's has two types of Accra Release, the liquid, and the spray. I have used the spray for 30 years.

On another topic concerning Hornady One Shot, I found that if you spray the cases, let the wax set up on them for 15 minutes, you get very good results. I use commercial cookie sheets to place the brass on. Two methods, you can stand the cases up on the cookie sheet, spray from one range, then rotate, spray again. Another method is to lay them down on the cookie sheet, spray, tilt the cookie sheet rolling the cases around, then spray again.

I consider it critical to let the wax set up on the cases. If you are in a hurry, put the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes, the wax will set up.

I now make my own lube with HEAT and Lanolin.
You are correct on the One Shot Lube; it is absolutely necessary to let it dry for 15 minutes or longer. A few times when I was in a hurry I sprayed cases and started sizing in a few minutes. The cases were still slightly wet and I got a stuck case . If you let it set up for 15 minutes or longer it turns waxy on the case surface and no stuck cases. Actually if I know I'm going to be loading the next day I may spray the batch I want to load the night before and let them sit overnight. Otherwise I will find something else to do for a while I wait for them to dry. I use loading blocks to hold the cases to spray. I don't use it as much anymore because I didn't like the lube getting into the case mouths. Not sure if it matters but was afraid the lube may affect the powder burn or the "effective" neck tension and don't like cleaning inside necks after sizing. Still use it if not worried about precision. I think One Shot may work as a bedding release agent after it is allowed to dry completely and set up, but I have always used Brownells Spray with good results

I wash the cases in Coleman lantern fuel or the equal there of. I use a 2-gallon bucket, and put the brass in the bucket to about 3/4 full. Then cover the cases in the Coleman Lantern fuel, and let it sit a couple of minutes. Then with my hand, I agitate the cases in the lantern fuel, using a rubber glove. I use a large funnel inserted into the Coleman gas can, fold a paper towel and it will act as a filter, and drizzle the gas back into the can.

Then I pour the wet cases on a large beach towel, grab both ends of the towel, and rock the cases back and forth on the towel. Amazing how clean the cases come out, let the towel sit out in the sun. All gas evaporates quickly.

A dumb *** friend tried to dry the cases on low heat in his kitchen oven, it blew the door off the oven!

I wash the cases in Coleman lantern fuel or the equal there of. I use a 2-gallon bucket, and put the brass in the bucket to about 3/4 full. Then cover the cases in the Coleman Lantern fuel, and let it sit a couple of minutes. Then with my hand, I agitate the cases in the lantern fuel, using a rubber glove. I use a large funnel inserted into the Coleman gas can, fold a paper towel and it will act as a filter, and drizzle the gas back into the can.

Then I pour the wet cases on a large beach towel, grab both ends of the towel, and rock the cases back and forth on the towel. Amazing how clean the cases come out, let the towel sit out in the sun. All gas evaporates quickly.

A dumb *** friend tried to dry the cases on low heat in his kitchen oven, it blew the door off the oven!
Keyword here is FUEL. lol

I have been giving some thought about using wax paper to tape up the bottom of the action when bedding. Just to experiment with. I use it when doing body work. Using bondo, etc. Anyone else ever tried this ?

For a long time I used shoe polish. It was a slow process to apply but it worked. Then I had a couple to bed and ran out...not easy to get anymore. So I went full circle and returned to what I used on my first bedding job....PAM cooking spray. I've done 4-5 rifles with it now, works just fine....

There are a lot of things that will work as a release agent. However, I want the Devcon to have a high gloss professional finish and that is best accomplished by two coats of carnuba wax that is applied, dried, buffed and then repeated a second time. Done right the finish on the Devcon is near mirror reflective. It should also show every mark on the receiver, barrel etc.
20220201_091306.jpg