Redding T7 Help

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by stanley52, Mar 26, 2014.

1. stanley52

stanley52 Well-Known Member

Ok so I just got a new T7 in and I cannot get the turret off. Am I mistaken when I thought all you had to do was just unscrew the one in the center of the turret? Well even if that's the case I cannot get it to budge. Maybe I torqued it on the wrong way? I doubt it, but just for confirmation which way do I need to turn the Allen head screw as you're facing the setup press (clockwise or counterclockwise). I know this question sounds petty, but I cannot get it to budge.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Counterclockwise, looking at the head of the bolt. A little bump from your palm on a large well fitting Allen wrench should do it.

Great press you have there. I love mine.

Jeff

3. stanley52

Ok here's a picture of it. I'm pushing my hand forward. I'm not crazy, I promise. No matter how hard I smack it or push, it will not budge in either direction

Attached Files:

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

You are pushing correct direction in the pic (CCW) . For some reason it must be stuck. Try removing the wrench and smacking the bolt with a brass hammer if you have one. I am thinking it must be stuck and jarring it loose. Or you might try a cheater over the wrench for more length and leverage.

Jeff

5. dig

dig Well-Known Member

Kriol or liquid wrench overnight.

6. stanley52

I ended up using some liquid wrench and then smacked it and it finally moved. Thanks guys

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I would clean the threads and apply some wheel bearing grease to it all. Then I just tighten mine and give it a pull to snug it.

So your threads are ok right? It threads in and out smoothly? It was just stuck or over tightened?

Jeff