Redding T7 Help

stanley52

Ok so I just got a new T7 in and I cannot get the turret off. Am I mistaken when I thought all you had to do was just unscrew the one in the center of the turret? Well even if that's the case I cannot get it to budge. Maybe I torqued it on the wrong way? I doubt it, but just for confirmation which way do I need to turn the Allen head screw as you're facing the setup press (clockwise or counterclockwise). I know this question sounds petty, but I cannot get it to budge.

Counterclockwise, looking at the head of the bolt. A little bump from your palm on a large well fitting Allen wrench should do it.

Great press you have there. I love mine.

Jeff

Ok here's a picture of it. I'm pushing my hand forward. I'm not crazy, I promise. No matter how hard I smack it or push, it will not budge in either direction

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 63
You are pushing correct direction in the pic (CCW) . For some reason it must be stuck. Try removing the wrench and smacking the bolt with a brass hammer if you have one. I am thinking it must be stuck and jarring it loose. Or you might try a cheater over the wrench for more length and leverage.

Jeff

I ended up using some liquid wrench and then smacked it and it finally moved. Thanks guys

I would clean the threads and apply some wheel bearing grease to it all. Then I just tighten mine and give it a pull to snug it.

So your threads are ok right? It threads in and out smoothly? It was just stuck or over tightened?

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.