Redding neck sizing problem?

You may be right.. But, what I'm getting at is this issue seems to be about neck tension. The original poster simply wanted to know what the bulge is all about, and everyone went off on a tangent about neck sizing ability of the die. !

Sorry, that would probably be my fault, but at least we did get some good information out.
I also did some research on doughnut formation, I have never experienced it, but now I know a little more about it.

Would someone please expand on the fact that the spring loaded ejector sitting to one side of the the case head at the base, pushes the case forward and to one side.

A properly head spaced case is not sitting in the chamber free to float around. At least with most REM and Savage bolts that have spring loaded ejectors.

I do have a Savage that has a standing ejector above the trigger and as such does not have a spring loaded ejector in on the bolt head pushing the case forward. I think this is a special case though as most bolts have spring loaded ejectors.

Please describe the effect the spring loaded ejector has on the alignment of the case in the chamber.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.