Need help with 308 neck sizing problem

Maybe you should try screwing your neck sizer die out a ways and see if that helps. I have never had to "cam over" using a Redding neck size only die. I am not sure this will fix your problem but it might. Also, in my experience, the only time a neck size die is needed is for a chamber that is over-length. I have seen this with belted magnums but never with a standard " beltless" cartridge unless the headspace is out of tolerance.

Yes I did. I called Redding customer service and they said the .308" expander should be for a .310 caliber bullet and they didn't know how it ended up in my set, but they immediately shipped me the correct expander and some extra decapping pins. Very pleased with their customer service and all the help on here also. Thanks!

Outstanding! No company sends out perfect products every time. What separates the world-class operations is their customer service and Redding is top notch. Glad you got it fixed.

Morning, reloading is a very intricate art, it takes years and i not thru learning to acquire the knowledge of little tricks a person can use in reloading.
If u wish
buy urself an universal depriming die. from RCBS
get a hornandy neck sizing die in 30cal.
when u get the products u can use this method
fired cases use the universal depriming to remove the used primer
use the 30cal. neck sizing die to neck size the shell or a FL die.gun)
make urself a dummy round using a used shell and the bullet of choice. seat the bullet to ur useable depth.
I use this method and have very had a problem.
all of the dies u will b using r fully adjustable.
Lee makes a uniform die for all calibers. I just bought one for my 22-250, works perfect. I make a habit of taking a formed case I have reworked and I put the empty case in my rifle chamber and cycle the round checking the sizing of case.
practice make for fun and good shooting. I have 32 different reloading dies. A person can learn good technics and knowledge by reading the reloading section of Long Range shooting forum. I read this column often. Still learning, been reloading for 35 yrs.

country for ever!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.