Recommended 270 Winchester brass

tribb

Going to try and up my game with my 270 win. Been shooting Hornady ammo but want to get a chance to try other brass and bullets in it! So i would like to hear from the community here as to what brass they recommend and have used to good effect. Thanks to all. Tribb

...these days, about anything you can find, unfortunately! For hunting purposes won't matter whether it's a half incher or a two and a half incher..

Winchester runs pretty tough, I need to get some Peterson to try. You will run a different load between the Hornady and the Winchester.

Hard to find anything, try gun broker and get 250 cases if you can swing it.

You may want to put a Want To Buy on this site, as many are getting rid of old stock for new calibers.

What's people's thoughts on star line brass? Sorry op don't mean to steel your thread. Found some in stock and was curious. I have plenty of factory once fired brass but can never have too much lol.

I'm running Starline in my 300 Sherman. It is 270 Win brass. It is holding up well. I anneal every cycle though.

I had 280ai Peterson brass in the same gun. Had some case forming issues and ended life early. I blame myself.

What's people's thoughts on star line brass? Sorry op don't mean to steel your thread. Found some in stock and was curious. I have plenty of factory once fired brass but can never have too much lol.
Starline has been decent brass. Using it in 357 mag. rounds. We've run it in 44 mag. too. They have been getting into rifle chamberings these last years. It's made stateside and at least (probably better than) the quality of the popular priced stuff.

Starline is very good brass! I've advised people I load for not to hesitate in purchasing starline rifle brass. I shoot it exclusively in my pistols. Heard others proclaim it to be the lapua of pistol brass. Time will tell about the rifle brass. I've only got about three reloads on my Grendel using it, but good so far.