Recommendation for auto powder measure

I'm going to try the straw mod.

I also read a book recently that suggested entering charge weights 0.2 gr below your target and then trickling the rest.

What do you mean by programable charge? Can you store loads in there to throw them at a later time?

Yes
The regular chargmaster 1500 has the option of storing up to 30 loads on there.
The Chargemaster Lite does not.

I rarely use that option to store loads tho.

Only other difference is the 1500 needs a reducing insert or a straw to get it to throw better (faster) charges (although not a deal breaker).
The Lite does not need it because of the redesigned dispenser tube.

Yes, you can program and store certain charges, like a "speed-dial" on your phone, but I've never done it. I always just calibrate before each use, and then manually input the charge weights, cause it only takes an extra 5 seconds of time. I looked into it, but from what I gathered back in the day when I first got mine, was that it was more time consuming to access each load stored, than to just input each load charge.

This is about what I experienced as well.

No issues with my Lite that I had for a year & a half.
Had the 1500 for about 3 1/2 years, also zero issues.

The Lite also has a smaller footprint on my reloading table, which is a small table, so that is a plus for me.

This is about what I experienced as well.

No issues with my Lite that I had for a year & a half.
Had the 1500 for about 3 1/2 years, also zero issues.

The Lite also has a smaller footprint on my reloading table, which is a small table, so that is a plus for me.

I might pull the trigger on the lite. Looks like it fills all my needs and is accurate to boot.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.