Recommend a Gunsmith Please

6MMWASP

Can anyone recommend a riflesmith to put together a light weight 270 WSM in Montana, Eastern South Dakota, or Norhtern Wyoming? I have Jim Borden trued Remington 700, a 3 contour Lilja barrel and a ( McMillan edge on order To be delivered in about 4 more months ). The last rifle I had ( and am Still having ) built was promiced in 6 months and it is now 9 months and still waiting. I realize you have to wait for quality and I am willilng to do that, I just want someone that I can trust to do the job right and delilver when promiced. I really like my current smith but need another option.

Thanks 6MMWASP

My shop is out of Sturgis, SD.

LongRifles, Inc. is my site. Feel free to snoop through it and see if what I offer agrees with you.

You are also welcome to call. 605.490.2561

Here are some examples of light and medium weight rifles that I build.

Light Hunter 280AI built on a titanium Remington, #4 Mark Chanlynn barrel, McMillan Hunter's Edge stock, Sunny Hill floor metal, Jewel trigger.

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

Stoney280AIboltstop.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

Medium Hunter/Light varmint 6.5-284 built on a Defiance Machine action, #4 Chanlynn barrel, McMillan M-40 stock, Sunny Hill floor metal, Jewel trigger.

DSC_0018-6.jpg

DSC_0014-6.jpg

All the best,

C

Last edited:
Chad, thanks for the pictures, the next time I get down to Sundance I will give you a call and see if it is OK to stop by your shop. Very nice shop!
6MMWASP

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts