Recent Gun Show Experience

Mark37082

I just got back from a local gun show and was pleasantly surprised. I was able to pick up RL23 and large rifle primers. The prices were high, but at least there was some components to be found. No Hazmat or shipping charges so it balances out to a certain degree. Some items were over the moon expensive such as RL26 at over $100/lb. A brick of BR2's was $125 out the door. I was disappointed there were no bricks of LRM primers to be found. Oh well, it was a better experience than doing yard work this morning. Turkey hunting this afternoon will limit yard work as well.

I just got back from a local gun show and was pleasantly surprised. I was able to pick up RL23 and large rifle primers. The prices were high, but at least there was some components to be found. No Hazmat or shipping charges so it balances out to a certain degree. Some items were over the moon expensive such as RL26 at over $100/lb. A brick of BR2's was $125 out the door. I was disappointed there were no bricks of LRM primers to be found. Oh well, it was a better experience than doing yard work this morning. Turkey hunting this afternoon will limit yard work as well.
Check Brownells.They just had Alliant powders on sale

Our local GS stores are generally very poor sources for components. Midsouth Shooters Supply is the only place that seems to get components and it is an hours drive for me. I also seem to be late to the party when RL23 or RL26 shows up.

I glad to hear that things are improving!

Though, I had absolutely no issues at my last gun show……in 1995! 😂 As a matter of fact…..that's when we got my wife's Win. Model 70 SS in .338WM! 😉 memtb
A year before we had a different kind of gun show here, where overnight we all became criminals. We took our guns to the gun show for evaluation and left without them.

Cheers.

I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised. The last gun show I attended was full of overpriced junk. One table had federal 210 and 215's and they wanted $20 per 100.
Was looking at a Ruger pistol and they wanted $85 more than I purchased it for the following weekend at a gun shop.
That's my last gun show, I think I will just go shoot instead.

I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised. The last gun show I attended was full of overpriced junk. One table had federal 210 and 215's and they wanted $20 per 100.
Was looking at a Ruger pistol and they wanted $85 more than I purchased it for the following weekend at a gun shop.
That's my last gun show, I think I will just go shoot instead.
I have not gone to one since before Covid! Not planning to any time soon! My next exercise is to bed a few rifles

I'm in agreement that over the last several years Gun shows have been full of junk or overpriced guns. I happened to get there as the doors opened and at least got to see stocked tables. Occasionally you run into decent deals. There was a great selection of revolvers and other handguns for me to compare. Still haven't pulled the trigger on buying that Python, but got to get a feel for many nice revolvers.

Recent Posts