really dumb question im sure... but.... 300 h and h to 338 winmag

I love the idea, but at 52.5% heavier than walnut, that's going to me a very heavy stock for a 12 year old. Have you considered a dyed laminate stock instead?
its on a old model 14... the added 4 oz over the existing stock will mearly be ballance wont matter at all

Clacka6MM, I am a Winchester collector. a pre-war M-70 in 300 H&H is some prize. if you must; sell it and buy a 338 Win mag and put the good barrel on that. I would hate to see one of the big 5 guns wrecked.
it will never be sold.... and like i originally asked .... how much blasphemy would it be.... cause exactly,..... serial number is 3574 ....... so u know what that means......... first year production..... and i have the bosch and lomb original to the gun optic for it but it was about 5 inches off and wouldnt hold zero with out SEVERAL hours of tinker and well the current shooter is my father and hes not getting any younger.. so a 50 mm 3x9 went on it which after i built the rail for it sits at objective diameter about 1/4" off the barrel so it looks like it was always there . but i PROMISE there was ZERO mods on the action itself.. and the trigger had work done in the past and was set at 3.5 lbs the original spring showed some lack of care corrosion and was inconsistant 3.5-5.5 because of it so it got a new spring installed from Winchester and has a very nice 3.3 lb setting as it is .. that has about 2 oz of deviation over 20 trigger pull test

I have always been able to keep every gun I ever bought....and a few of do have dust on the them! But I sure as hell have never been able to keep gold that long! Guess that's cause it keeps buying Guns!
ive mistakenly sold a few i wish i hadnt.... the first 450 bushmaster i built.. a 308 on an AR 10 i thought was USELESS until i saw the LONG SET 450 bolt action rounds that would be epic in a 2.8" mag AR 10 at 240 gr spewing out of a 22" pipe at 2570 fps.... and had 3 stolen by illegal cops in 2018 trying to claim EPIC LIES thats still an on going legal battle to get them back a 5.56 a 357 black hawk and a taurus PT 24/7 one cannot be DUI at 0.00 blood alcohol level and its at the state supreme court for illegal search and seizure

Years ago, my family had a grandfather's clock. It was in perfect working order, and was made in England around the 1850's, and came over on a ship with my grandmother when she emigrated to the states. It stood a full 8 feet tall, the face numbers and inlays were solid gold, and it even showed phases of the moon. My parents turned down an offer of $20,000.00 for it back in 1968.

I am not very nostalgic myself, nor am I into antiques. My way of thinking is, "Why own some one thing that is worth a fortune, just because of it's provenance, nostalgia, etc.?" Instead, with the money from that, I could buy numerous things that WOULD give me great pleasure. But that's just me.

So I told my parents, if they really wanted that clock to stay in the family, then Will it to my brother, 'cause I would sell it in a heart beat.

Sell the gun, buy what makes ya happy. (But be very sure about your feelings, 'cause there's no turning back...)

Vettepilot

ive mistakenly sold a few i wish i hadnt.... the first 450 bushmaster i built.. a 308 on an AR 10 i thought was USELESS until i saw the LONG SET 450 bolt action rounds that would be epic in a 2.8" mag AR 10 at 240 gr spewing out of a 22" pipe at 2570 fps.... and had 3 stolen by illegal cops in 2018 trying to claim EPIC LIES thats still an on going legal battle to get them back a 5.56 a 357 black hawk and a taurus PT 24/7 one cannot be DUI at 0.00 blood alcohol level and its at the state supreme court for illegal search and seizure
Best of luck my friend getting them back and add 1,000,000.00 wrongful damages suit!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.