338 WinMag to 338 RUM?

Well.....Looks like I'll be having a .338 WinMag AND be able to build my .280 AI... This guy also has a brand new stainless jeweled 700 LA w/ a standard bolt face he is selling for a price I can't refuse. I will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon, as I only had 1 BOS with me. This week is getting better and better. Plus both the rifle and action have the old style 40-X triggers, and not the junky X-Mark triggers.

I would run some 250 gr Elite hunters through it and give it a chance, I've been running them in one 338 RUM and they flat get busy gun)

He gave me 1.5 boxes of ammo for it. 1 box is complete is some kind of professional handloads from some company out of NY called "Massaro Ballistic Laboratories", that are 210 Scirocco's loaded to 2,750fps (per the hand filled out label), and the other is 1/2 a box of Barnes VOR-TX 210 TTSX BT's that say they're movin at 2,865fps out the muzzle...

Not sure what the hell I'm gonna do with a .338 WM down here, the biggest animals we have to kill are whitetails, with the occasional small black bear. It's a lightweight 24" sporter model, so I'm betting it weighs a whopping 7lbs with the scope and all. I bet it's gonna leave a shoulder bruise or 2. :D

He gave me 1.5 boxes of ammo for it. 1 box is complete is some kind of professional handloads from some company out of NY called "Massaro Ballistic Laboratories", that are 210 Scirocco's loaded to 2,750fps (per the hand filled out label), and the other is 1/2 a box of Barnes VOR-TX 210 TTSX BT's that say they're movin at 2,865fps out the muzzle...

Not sure what the hell I'm gonna do with a .338 WM down here, the biggest animals we have to kill are whitetails, with the occasional small black bear. It's a lightweight 24" sporter model, so I'm betting it weighs a whopping 7lbs with the scope and all. I bet it's gonna leave a shoulder bruise or 2. :D
You went to the dark side! The 338 dark side... just ribbing ya, i like all of dem calibers.

In the immortal words of Doc Holiday...."It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds..."

I bought it for the action, till we got to talking afterwards, and I said it would be a shame to rip apart such a pretty rifle, and the guy told me he had a brand spankin new older model (40-X trigger) stainless jeweled 700 LA Standard bolt face receiver sitting in a drawer in his gun room and that he wasn't gonna use it. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse...So...I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow. Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Now I can get my .280 AI build on the way!!! I'm so excited I can't sleep. LOL I've been wanting to start my build for so long, and now I'll finally be able to do so! The first big hurdle will be averted after tomorrow. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.