RCBS ohaus scale question

All great reviews and info. But i went against what i said originally because i found a gempro 250 for the same price and bought it. Now just wait 2 weeks for delivery. Ive always wanted a "good" electronic scale but they are just to expensive. Thats why i was looking for beam scale. Glad i found this one.

Thanks to all who responded.

Good luck with your new scale. And you can always keep an eye open for a good 1010.

By the way, anyone have a photo of how it all should go back properly. Like a little boy on Christmas I opened mine not thinking I would have to put back together the same way. Thanks a ton !

The RCBS is essentially the same scale as my Lyman M-5. Both are manufactured by Ohaus and are very accurate if you don't abuse the knife edges and keep the (jeweled?) V clean. I use a small artist brush to clean mine. Never put oil in the V either. Keep it dry.
I've had mine for over 40 years & it still works great.

I will sacrifice accuracy for speed every time.

Spencer

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.