Rangefinder for deer out to 1000yds + under $250?

T-rev

Hello,
Does anyone know of any reliable rangfinders our there that will range deer to 1000yds or beyond that cost around $250? Thanks for the help.

No range finder is going to reflect off of a deer alone at that distance for that price. To get one that will actually reflect off of animals reliably at distance is going to be a bit more pricy.

now having that said sig kilos 2000 is probably the best ranger finder you find close to that price range. It will range out to 1000 but needs to bounce off something big and reflective.

No range finder is going to reflect off of a deer alone at that distance for that price. To get one that will actually reflect off of animals reliably at distance is going to be a bit more pricy.

now having that said sig kilos 2000 is probably the best ranger finder you find close to that price range. It will range out to 1000 but needs to bounce off something big and reflective.
This season I have ranged deer bodies out past 1000 and reflectve targets out to 2000 with a new battery. As the season went on, the rf didnt range as far and I'm not sure if it was the single digits or the battery getting down to 2 bars.

"as the season went on, the rf didnt range as far and I'm not sure if it was the single digits or the battery getting down to 2 bars."

Cold temps will cause ranger finders to not Work. My experience with the Kilos 2000 it can not range bodies at longer distances. It's still a solid Range finder for the price

Hello,
Does anyone know of any reliable rangfinders our there that will range deer to 1000yds or beyond that cost around $250? Thanks for the help.
Good luck to reliably range a deer at 1000 yards and need to be capable of at least 1500

Last edited:
I'll try and take pics through the sig on my elk hunt. I'm sure there are better YouTube vids than I can make that will show

You could probably find a used Leica 1600 or 2000 for close to your budget that should come close to that performance. That's a tall order for range finders in this price range.

If you are trying to get a general idea of how far (to see if that knob in between you and it would be a suitable place to shoot from), there are more options that will let you get a range from a nearby tree or something like that. If you need an exact range because you plan to shoot a deer at 1k, that makes things much more difficult.

Is it possible to range the ground at their feet? Is it canyons or flat land? I set up my friends sons with bushnell 1500 rfs and they range way out there for $150-$200 used

I have to agree with who ever said find a used Lieca. They are some of the best RF's out there and have great glass. I have an 800 model that ranged a deer at 754yds. The Bushnell 1200 my friend had could not range the deer. The Lieca's read out to what ever they are advertised as being able to range. It is my opinion here a used Lieca is your best bet and option.

So I ended up grabbing a Leupold RX-1600i on eBay for $260. It's a new one and not used. Hopefully it works out. Thanks for all the replies.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.