rangefinder advice please

newgunner

This is my glass collection so far, need advice for a mid level rangefinder $200-$300 is my price range. Is this a realistic price range for a decent RF.
Zeiss 3-9x40 W/RAPIDZ600
Vortex Nomad 20x60
Vortex Diamondback 8x42

Thanks

You can get a Nikon 550 for under $300 if you're only ranging 500 yards and less. My hunting buddy has one and we've range 650 yard targets on a nice sunny day.

Good luck!

Ed

We have had good luck with the elite bushnells in that price range. Not good glass but they work real good out to 1000+ yards......I have the 1500 and it's great out to 1300ish and my partner got the 1200 scout last year and it hits anything out to 1100ish in a more compact package. Ideally you would have a grand to spend but it is doable in that range. Be sure to buy one that claims to reach quite a bit farther than you think you're going to be shooting. Good luck...........Duke

Thanks for all your input. I have decided at this point in time to go with the Leupold RX-1000 Compact Digital Laser Rangefinder at $314 I think this is my best option for my price range.

If you plan on shooting under 500 600 yards your OK. If your planning on going out much further, don't waste your money. The beset rifle and glass is useless if you can't get an accurate and reliable range.

Thanks for all your input. I have decided at this point in time to go with the Leupold RX-1000 Compact Digital Laser Rangefinder at $314 I think this is my best option for my price range.

My friend has one and it won't range past 400 yds.

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.