Rangefinder advice

steeltraps

I need some advice on a rangefinder! Here is the problem. I have both the Vectrinix Vector 4 and the Vectronics Terrapin 05. I am going to sell the Terrapin 05 to a friend becaue i use the Vector 4 for hunting big cornfields and cutovers. The Vector 4 works better for me. I am going to need to buy a smaller rangerfinder for bowhunting and short greenfeilds under 400 yards. What rangefinder should i but? I also have a bushnell 1600, but gave it to my daughter to but in her gun case with her custom 260 rifle i built her 2 years ago, it ok but i dont like the aiming circle. Its black hard to see when its last lght in the timber in bow season! So im looking for a 600-1000 yard rangefinder With red LED yardage light-up? Price is not important just want good unit for bowhunting. I have seen zeiss that camerland has demos for 529. I liked the red LED for yardage. Does Leica 1000s have lite yardage? Is leica still making a 1000 yards? Who i be better of with the Zeiss for 529 ? I have a great Long range unit in the Vector 4, just need a good, rugged, small unit for bowhunting, what do you guys recommend? :D

The vortex ranger is my choice it is small fits in a pocket or clips on your pack and works really well for your intended purpose.

I was in the same boat I have a dedicated long range rangefinder but there was no need to pack it around bow hunting as it is simply too dang large for that.

Jordan@406

Thanks. I will checkout the Vortex. I have 3 Vortex pst rifle scopes. Arent the Vortex rangefinder around 350? Do they have good glass? How far will they range a deer? Do they have angle type tech. for shooting out of a tree?

+1 for the Vortex Ranger. I have this range finder to replace my Leupold and like the Vortex much better. plus it does have the angle compensator too and I paid about 350 for it

Saw 1 at a sporting good store for 379 plus tax. The vortex seams to be a good looking rangefinder for bowhunting! Around 7 ounces and has a handy little clip on the side. I can see where the clip would be good for attaching to my treewalker climbing stand!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.