Range Report - Custom 7mm-08 & 120 Nosler BT's

firstshot425

I finally got to the range today to shoot my new custom 7mm-08 for the first time. The rifle was build by Mark Pharr of Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles in Round Rock, TX.

Today I was shooting 140 Sierra Pro Hunters on top of IMR 4350 and 120 Nosler BT's on top of H414.

I started with the Sierra's and they did "just ok" averaging between 3/4" and 1" CTC. I've always gotten good results with Sierra's and was a little disappointed with these results; however, this was the first 25 rounds shot out of the rifle so maybe they will do a little better when the rifle gets broken a bit more.

I've never shot 120 Nosler BT's before and I must say that I was very impressed. Except for the first couple of groups, they were all 1/2" or better with several "outstanding" groupings considering the rifle is still being broken in. Here are a few pics:

To say I'm quite pleased is an understatement. Thanks to Mark for building me a shooter.

firstshot

Last edited:
Sweet.
I have Prarie Hunter on my 284 Win Remmy. But no checkering.
Looks like I missed the boat. That checkering looks good.
I see you got all the bells and whistles on that one. :D

Yea.. it was my first and probably only custom build so I bit the bullet and got everything I wanted on it. So far I am very pleased. I especially like the Kepplinger single set trigger.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.