Range gloves

forest

Guys I am not sure if I've posted this on the right place. I haven't been on for awhile and the layout is different now on the forum.
Anyway I was just wondering what type/make of gloves you'd recommend for the range. They will be used mostly for pistol use. What are you guys using if you wear gloves at all?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Winter is coming. It's getting cold. I have no plans to quit shooting. 40's in the morning, I want gloves.

Getting wussie in my dotage.

There are a good many reasonably priced winter golf gloves that I have used with good results. All sorts of different grip patterns on palms.

Ok thank for the reply thats an option I'll have a look at those. I never thought of golf gloves thanks.
Reading my initial thread at the start I probably should have explained it abit better.
Most of the ranges in I use are outdoors and In the winter it does get cold enough. Yes I know I won't get frost bite and loose figure tips. My other hobby is ice climbing so I am familiar with extreme cold.
It's just when your outdoors in snow for hrs gradually your hands will drop in temperature. I just feel it would affect my shooting or maybe not. Maybe it's a stupid idea using gloves with a pistol? If it is don't take the **** to much:) as I'm new to pistol shooting.
There's no doubt that you guys have superior equipment available in the States. So I just thought I'd check what is available and some views on them. I do alot of hunting also in the winter so they could double up for that.

Besides fishing I also sometimes enjoy hunting. Heading over to my cabin in the woods, sitting by the campfire, lovely time. In all honestly and many of my close friends have told me that I don't really have the best gear out there. Since this post has been active and time has gone on, I would like to know what are some reliable shooting/hunting gloves? Gloves that you don't even really feel, gloves in which you don't sweat. The current pair I have was pretty cheap and they seem to be tearing in some parts after 2 months of being used. So what does anyone wear currently? Any kind of gear, I am just mainly asking about what brand of gloves is considered good at a reasonable price.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts