Range finder

mallard1123

I need to buy a range finder that i can use for my rifle and bow. I have been looking at the bushnell 1000 arc is this a good range finder. if not what is a good one for around $300?

I have a scout 1000 with out the arc, i would be willing to sell ya for $175.00. I am looking to upgrade to the leica 1600 or the zeiss.

Wait until August when the new Lieca comes out. You probably will be able to buy a used Lieca 1200 for what you want to spend. On a side note I bought a Bushnell not sure what model, had it about six months when I upgraded to my 1200. Gave it to my father in law. First time he took it out almost a year old at the time, it didn't work over 150yds. I sent it back and they said it was broke beyond repair and won't warranty it. Pretty tough to believe when it went out bow hunting for one season and spent most of its life on a shelf, and never dropped. To say the least I wasn't impressed.

Brent

Last edited:
i've got a twice used leupold vxiv camo unit for sale. $300 bucks. works good for deer, didn't cut it for coyotes. i upgraded to the zeiss but it was $600. i'm sure some leica 1200's will be available when the 1600's come out but i would imagine they might be hard to get until hunting season is well on.

Mallard1123, try taking a hard look at the Nikon 1200. I purchased one for about the price you are looking for. I put it head to head with a Leica 1200, and it ranged equally as well to 1320yds(on a bush). Out to 1000yds will range on nearly anything. I am very impressed optically, and overall with this unit. Hope this helps.

I've been using a arc 1000 for two years now and found it to be excellent for the money, it will regularly range to 900-950yrds on a little tri pod or if you brace up and hold it steady. However we range stuff in very hilly or mountainous terrain and I wouldn't be surprised if we are actually ranging the hill side behind the animal, which is fine for me because it would only be a couple yards of because of the steepness of the hill. I'm seriously thinking about the Bushnell 1600 for Longrange hunting and just using the arc 1000 for bow hunting, which it excels at.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.