Range finder, close range, lower end models

Hour ago I ordered leupold 850. X6 and angle compensation, for bow hunting. $200. Waterproof too.

I realize not as fancy as new stuff. But I did not want to spend the money. Mostly for bow. Maybe my 45-70. But my hunting with a rifle is under 40 yards. I did make a shooting lane.which I think is 100. Also some logging on bordering land. But with rolling hills, trees,and now tops, I doubt I am shoot g 100 yards.

If all I could was $400 model, I would have went without.

Only one I have ever held, but I like how small the 850 is. I have wondered about monoculars to save space. Never used one though.

Also like how easy it is to change batteries.

While I said I like compact size. The screen and letters are sure small too when going through set up. I'll probably not be going through that alot. I wonder if red writing would be easier to read to.

My plan is sight things around me and write them down, if needed.

I could see a giant model if you were hunting fields from a blind you could drive up to, so it would be easier to read. Easically in an area where you do not have landmarks, and you wanted to use hold over info.

I wish is was brighter, but for $200, so far I am happy, but have only used it in the yard.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.