Range finder and ballistic app.

I guess I'm a little behind the times on this it's a Sig Kilo 2000 bought back in 2016. So it only has the LOS mode and the adjusted angle mode but I'll start using it in the LOS mode. And then use my phone applied ballistic app for there rest along with my kestrel. Some day it would be nice to just go into the field with a range finder that had every thing else even a built in wind meter.
It's coming, uses mirage to read it. I run a Leica 3200 that works very well for hunting. I prefer better glass but that just simply due to how time I put in using it. If you use glass less, a better program would be a bit easier.

Last edited:
It's coming, uses mirage to read it. I run a Leica 3200 that works very well for hunting. I prefer better glass but that just simply due to how time I put in using it. If you use glass less, a better program would be a bit easier.
Trijicon has one coming uses dust particles in the air. Not sure when? I played with it a year ago when they were here I was teaching them wind mirage use

I have not hopefully he is running applied ballistics in it
Most likely I wont get one to test. But you never know
Honestly not sure what ballistics program it uses - I don't believe it is applied ballistics, but I could be wrong. Guessing it's something developed by GunWerks. Apparently it's very accurate and you can adjust for windage right with the rangefinder

Honestly not sure what ballistics program it uses - I don't believe it is applied ballistics, but I could be wrong. Guessing it's something developed by GunWerks. Apparently it's very accurate and you can adjust for windage right with the rangefinder
Same concept as the br2 as far as I can tell. Not automatic. Sig has wind you can adjust too but for me it was clumsy and time consuming.

That a pretty sweet new tech bino. It might be a bit before I can possibly get something like that. I'll get my stuff trued up. Funny this years deer was only like 70 yards. That kilo I have had been serving me well along with the first app I used was shooter and now I have both applied and shooter on my phone. With a good battery I generally can get a deer ranged at around 900 to 1000. I believe this is what the unit was rated for. I also have an old back up straight range finder that can range out to 1200 and animals about 7 to 800yrds on a good day. We take both of them so my wife can practice and get the ideal of what I'm doing.

That a pretty sweet new tech bino. It might be a bit before I can possibly get something like that. I'll get my stuff trued up. Funny this years deer was only like 70 yards. That kilo I have had been serving me well along with the first app I used was shooter and now I have both applied and shooter on my phone. With a good battery I generally can get a deer ranged at around 900 to 1000. I believe this is what the unit was rated for. I also have an old back up straight range finder that can range out to 1200 and animals about 7 to 800yrds on a good day. We take both of them so my wife can practice and get the ideal of what I'm doing.
A well tuned team can do a lot with an app and lrf. One person is on the gun and 1 is calling data. Works very well if you can trust your team mate. I had the wife range my targets and I used the app, usually. I taught her how to use the app too but one mistake and she was all flustered. Now all I do is hand someone my bino's. 1 button press and all I need is the distance and the dial up. I do the wind in my head. It's actually a lot of fun with a good team

When I taught at gunwerks the br2 was there it was ok for what it was but the solver was not great. ABS to me is superior