range cards (need ideas)

10X

how do you have your range card set up with your gear?

I have it all in a little note book but want to do it as a card and have it on the rifle.

Triad stock pack. Helps me align with the scope better , holds a few rounds and you can stick several range cards in there . Never gets misplaced.

Depending on your stock, you can use clear packing tape to tape it right onto the cheek rest. Have seen some guys put it on the flat where the action is, opposite of the bolt. You can make an excell or word spreadsheet to make it as big or small as you like.

Also, the more you shoot it, the less you will need a range card. They work best for me as a double check. I am pretty confident on my dopes out to 500 yards. A quick look to double check is all I need. 500 is also my self-imposed limit on big game with the 25-06 so it works out.

Are you talking about a data card/drop chart or a range card? If I can scout the area to be hunted ahead of time I make an actual range card. Sketch the area and mark spots on it with range and drop data (angle included). This can make target acquisition very fast, you already have everything set up right in front of you. Also this year I made crude BDC turrets with masking tape for ranges out to 600 yards for fast target engagements, but had my ballistic ap ready with updates. For the most part 600 yards is about as far as I feel safe not having to fudge changes in environmental conditions into the equation.
I take this DA form 5517R, enlarge it and cut the data section off the top and bottom to make it more compact.

Attachments

• range card.gif
    range card.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 621
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.