Built a new reloading table. need ideas for mounting stuff

jbur13

table1.jpg table2.jpg
I had this reloading table built recently and I want to get some ideas from you guys on a couple things.
first: I'd like to insert a track into the top, that I can use to mount the press' and other tools. I want something fairly quick release or that I can slide the tool out of the way if I need to. Think construction rack or a recessed tie-down rack that I can put a t-nut in to attach and tighten the press. The track would allow me to mount it anywhere across the front of the table.
Either something like that or some ideas on T-Nut inserts with a quick release handle? Like a cam lock?
OK- second thing: I want to be able to mount a bunch of my tools to the peg board but everything I see are those standard dumb looking metal hooks. I've seen some storage bins mounted on Slat-wall but I cant find stuff like that for peg board>
Really open to ANY and all cool Ideas you may have!?
BTW- The table is 3' deep and 6'long. The frame is all aluminum to keep the weight down. Top frame is 3x3 square tubing. Bottom frame is 1.5" square. Legs are 1/4" beams.
should be pretty burly and solid. The front of the legs are painted in black but I think I'm going back to the raw alum look.

If I build another from scratch, it would likely combine track with the inline fabrication base.

And I would rig up some kind of system to cover/fill the tracks when not actively sliding fixtures on and off.

I dislike that they would catch stuff constantly...

And i'd Rig outlets onto it...seems like a lot more need for power these days...

Source for tracks system are plentiful but I liked Rockler when I used to do some wood working...

One thing to consider would be install a 1/2 inch steel plate. Large enough for the largest press you will use, Under the table and mounted with screws. Then when you mount a press, Drill and tap the mounting holes through the steel plate. Mounting bolts can be placed and tightened from the top of the table. No chasing nuts and washers under the table and no back up wrench on the nut under the table. For quick change of presses.
If you are moving presses on and off the table, BE SURE TO TIE THE PRESS HANDLE SO THE PRESS WILL NOT CYCLE WHEN HANDLING.

I'm a fan of carriage bolts with nuts and washers... I do case reforming on my press, and my bench is big enough nothing needs to move... I have a cleaning/ work table for other things...
btw., my bench is free standing made of an old office desk table with 2x6 and 2x4 supports... I have thousands of bullets and many die sets, etc. planting my press to the floor.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts