Range Card with ES/SD/Mean Velocity calc

Mike6158

You may or may not have seen the video that compares the LabRadar to the Garmin. It shows that the LabRadar calculates Standard Deviation with the sample method vs the correct way, which is population. I've done the calc in a spreadsheet and that's true. It changes SD a little. They also round off the velocity data and that skews ES a little. I already have a range card that I fill in and print out so I can log the data as I shoot it. So I just stepped it up a little to include a place to input the velocity of each shot and it calculates the ES, SD, Mean, etc. I have it Numbers for Mac and I have it in Excel (not tested in Excel yet). If they'll attach, I'll attach them. If not maybe Len will add them for me. Nope... won't attach because it's not a photo. Oh well. I tried.

Well crap... I can't contact Len anymore. I tried the Contact Us button.
Here's what the sheet looks like. I used the last test of my .338 to check the formulas. It's calculating correctly. The blue numbers are inputs. Black numbers are formulas.

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 10.09.20 AM.jpg

Nice job. Thanks for sharing. My labradar and targets tell me all I need though.. I cant afford huge samplings

Mine do too. This is for documenting a ladder test. I shoot a lot of different calibers and I keep records for the loads. I put this with the target so I have something to look back on.

Normally I only shoot 3 per group but some people like 5 so I included it.

I have a LabRadar and it suits me fine, but they calculate SD wrong. They use the sample method they should have used the population method.

Recent Posts