Range Bag

grinnergetter

Ive been hauling all of my LR gear in a camo duffel that I use for duck hunting and am looking for something a little more LR specific. Bag keeps getting heavier and heavier so I have been checking out back packs but there doesn't seem to be enough internal division/ pockets.

What are you using?

I use one similar to Joel's. Made by S.O.G gear.
When i go with one rifle, I use a camo back pack to carry my spotting scope, Kestral, range finder etc. and a drag bag for my rifle and ammo.

I went through similar gyrations a few years ago and ended up buying a couple of tool bags at Lowes. I used one each for my black powder and centerfire rifles. I couldn't find anything else with adequate numbers and types/sizes of dividers and pockets and made to withstand heavy loads and and rough handling like the tool bags.

Admittedly I'm harder on equipment than most guys so I gravitate towards heavy/commercial duty in most things.

Last edited:
This is the bag I'm considering for the same reasons you state:

SidewinderStore.jpg

Eberlestock: UpRanger

The side rifle bags are additional to the cost of the basic pack.

In addition to this pack, I have found a good selection of bags and pockets with which to control other types of 'stuff' I carry:

https://store.kifaru.net/pockets-c9.aspx

I have this already for a drag bag/ hard side carrying case:

Eberlestock: E2B Drag Bag & iM3300 Rifle Case Combo

Regards.

That Upranger is awful close. Thanks, I hadn't seen that one before.

Wonder if it accepts a center mounted rifle case, I don't normally drag around a second rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.