RAMSHOT LRT POWDER

Is smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition subject to the explosives storage requirements?

Smokeless powders designed for use in small arms ammunition are exempt from regulation under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 and the regulations in 27 CFR Part 555. Packaging that readily identifies the smokeless powder as being designed for use in small arms ammunition may help in determining whether it is entitled to the exemption. Smokeless powder designed for use other than in small arms ammunition, and explosive products such as squibs, fireworks, theatrical special effects, or other articles that may contain smokeless powders, are regulated and must be stored pursuant to the regulations at 27 CFR 555, Subpart K – Storage.

It should be noted that persons engaged in the business of importing or manufacturing smokeless powder designed for any use must have a Federal explosives license. Further, importers of smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition must also possess an ATF firearms importers license (Type 08 or 11); must register with ATF under the provisions of the Arms Export Control Act; and must submit (to ATF) and receive an approved ATF Form 6 – part I (5330.3A), Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms Ammunition and Implements of War.
Last Reviewed October 4, 2018

🤔🧐 I'd like to know the USC or CFR this falls into, since my search turned nothing up besides broken links and errors. Were these laws passed by congress, or an arbitrary "rule" from an overreaching agency of the executive branch?

Do these purported laws follow the text, history, and tradition of the Second Amendment as set forth by the Bruen decision?
Iam not a lawyer and I do not have the funds to argue a case in court, so, I would look at my local jurisdictions, state and county. Up to the individual to decide.

Is smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition subject to the explosives storage requirements?

Smokeless powders designed for use in small arms ammunition are exempt from regulation under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 and the regulations in 27 CFR Part 555. Packaging that readily identifies the smokeless powder as being designed for use in small arms ammunition may help in determining whether it is entitled to the exemption. Smokeless powder designed for use other than in small arms ammunition, and explosive products such as squibs, fireworks, theatrical special effects, or other articles that may contain smokeless powders, are regulated and must be stored pursuant to the regulations at 27 CFR 555, Subpart K – Storage.

It should be noted that persons engaged in the business of importing or manufacturing smokeless powder designed for any use must have a Federal explosives license. Further, importers of smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition must also possess an ATF firearms importers license (Type 08 or 11); must register with ATF under the provisions of the Arms Export Control Act; and must submit (to ATF) and receive an approved ATF Form 6 – part I (5330.3A), Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms Ammunition and Implements of War.
Last Reviewed October 4, 2018
Yes, I read that as well when I posted the first time, that is why I mentioned State and Local jurisdictions. ANd I said, it is up to the individual to decide.

Iam not a lawyer and I do not have the funds to argue a case in court, so, I would look at my local jurisdictions, state and county. Up to the individual to decide.

Yes, I read that as well when I posted the first time, that is why I mentioned State and Local jurisdictions. ANd I said, it is up to the individual to decide.

🤷 I live in a free state. Well, it is for now.

The only one I have tried in mine is Hornady's 300 A Tip.,my other 338 I had used 285 Hornady in my last Lapua but was not happy with the rifle .Later I found out was not the rifle but needed som TLC and adjusting,I figured that when you spend $2500.00 you should not have to play Doctor, I was wrong.............. Pete