RAMSHOT LRT POWDER

LRT looks like it was designed exactly for the 300 RUM shooting heavy-for-caliber bullets (210 grains on up). I load it behind Berger VLD 210s and Hybrid 215s and 230s, also SMK 220s, in my 300 RUM with a 28" barrel. Velocities at or over 3,000 fps. QuickLoad example: Berger 215 with 100.5 grains of LRT, 3.8" COAL, 28" barrel yields 3,038 fps right at pmax. LRT, RL-33, N570 all perform very similarly in the 300 RUM with these bullets.
It is a heavy per large capacity powder choice as I can use it in 264wm being the largest small caliber I have. Nobler list it in their load data for that cartridge as the highest velocity in the 140 class only. Using QL data it's within 50fps of 570 and around the same velocity as 33. Having all 3 for testing hasn't been done yet. 1 day I'll get around to test it in 264wm (140-150gr), 300wm (215-240gr) and 338lm (270-300gr). 7828ssc yields about 100fps lower in the 1st 2.

LRT looks like it was designed exactly for the 300 RUM shooting heavy-for-caliber bullets (210 grains on up). I load it behind Berger VLD 210s and Hybrid 215s and 230s, also SMK 220s, in my 300 RUM with a 28" barrel. Velocities at or over 3,000 fps. QuickLoad example: Berger 215 with 100.5 grains of LRT, 3.8" COAL, 28" barrel yields 3,038 fps right at pmax. LRT, RL-33, N570 all perform very similarly in the 300 RUM with these bullets.
I'm thinking about rechambering my 30 Sherman Mag . To a 300 RUM.I read that the b 300 RUM has brass head problems. Have you seen this? I

Probably not .....or folks might think you're in cahoots with Biden!
I'm afraid if I'd did The county fire marshall might m are me get a Permit like a fireworks stand.lolI don't know how much one person can have.In t h e city there is a limit. I don't think 508 lbs is really that much.

I'm afraid if I'd did The county fire marshall might m are me get a Permit like a fireworks stand.lolI don't know how much one person can have.In t h e city there is a limit. I don't think 508 lbs is really that much.
Don't advertise what you have. But in case you are curious, there are federal and state regulations on what you can have

I have also used LRT to great effect in the 264 Win Mag. . . . Never had brass head problems with the 300 RUM. It's the caliber I hunt with most often. Very efficient, and for me (three barrels down the road) it's been amazingly accurate.

A local Fire Marshal once told me the limit for a residence in that jurisdiction for smokeless or black powder was 20lbs. I told her I consider myself to be out of powder when I'm down to 20lbs- she did not laugh.

Thank you for this information. I just won a Howa 24" barreled 300 PRC at our CA Wild Sheep Foundation fundraiser. The grandson wants the rifle and I have a bunch of LRT powder to play with. We need lead free for California though…
I got some LRT to try out. Bought an straight factory Howa 1500 in 300 PRC. 24" Thin, factory barrel. Running Suppressed, with 205 Bergers

Started with N570, groups were sub MOA, but velocity was around 2940. SD was around 16. I wanted to try and get more velocity. Ordered some LRT and started load development.

Ran it up to 92.5 grains and had slight ejector mark. Group was sub MOA and around 3020 FPS. Tried 93 grains, got it up to 3070 FPS and group tightened up to Sub 1/2" with an SD of 12. No heavy bolt lift, same slight ejector mark. Primers were fine

I was pretty pleased with the results out of a factory 24" Howa barrel and the LRT

A local Fire Marshal once told me the limit for a residence in that jurisdiction for smokeless or black powder was 20lbs. I told her I consider myself to be out of powder when I'm down to 20lbs- she did not laugh.
It varies by jurisdiction

Don't advertise what you have. But in case you are curious, there are federal and state regulations on what you can have
🤔🧐 I'd like to know the USC or CFR this falls into, since my search turned nothing up besides broken links and errors. Were these laws passed by congress, or an arbitrary "rule" from an overreaching agency of the executive branch?

Do these purported laws follow the text, history, and tradition of the Second Amendment as set forth by the Bruen decision?