RAMSHOT LRT POWDER

I have 16#s that I got for the the 338 lapua a few years ago and am just now getting my reloading room set up.
In the meantime I put together a 22 creedmoor will LRT work I have heard that you can use h1000 but I am not sure.

When I lived in Oceanside and Poway I went to buddy's ranch in Yuciapa/Live Oak Canyon that I could get clear shot to 780 yds or went to the desert off Hwy 8 east towards Az. where I could shoot further . The Cody Shooting complex here you can shoot flat to about 800 yds then work your way up the mountain to over 1200 yds. + Or just go anywhere here on BLM and shoot as far as you want.
My son used to live in Barstow and worked at Ft. Irwin for General Dynamics (Drones). He Moved over a year ago to Colorado Springs and works for Lockheed at Peterson Air Base. I don't know why I told you all that 🙄 you get old your mind rambles so you can remember things...
ha ha ha that's awesome. I had a private range in Pala that I would use with the SD SWAT Sniper team. It was a lot of fun while it lasted! we tested all sorts of goodies there. MP5 and the 40mm Grenade launcher weren't too bad to shoot, ha ha ha.
I'll check out the 8 one of these days on my way to Glamis or the river. Right now with this big swell it's hard to go shoot

ha ha ha that's awesome. I had a private range in Pala that I would use with the SD SWAT Sniper team. It was a lot of fun while it lasted! we tested all sorts of goodies there. MP5 and the 40mm Grenade launcher weren't too bad to shoot, ha ha ha.
I'll check out the 8 one of these days on my way to Glamis or the river. Right now with this big swell it's hard to go shoot
👍🏼I used to go through Pala to hunt near Julian all the time when I lived in Oceanside.

Another bump on this one. Anyone have any luck with this in a 338LM? Anyone,...Anyone,....Bueller???
I'm still planning on working it. I have a 338 lapua AI and a regular 338 lapua I want to try it in. I have started and it looks promising but I need to get back to it and see what it will actually do.

I plan on trying it with 270edlx, 285edlm and 300gr (4 different mfgs). Nothing so far as I'm reloading for 338lm.
Last sentence a typo??? Lol I'm confused. I tried it with 300g SMKs and using Hodgdons data am at a full grain over before I could get a group but not a great one. No pressure signs at all yet but over 2800fps with a 26" tube with 100rds down it. Just don't know how far to push this. H1000 has worked VERY well so far in this one but not going to do me any good if I can't get it lol.

Last sentence a typo??? Lol I'm confused. I tried it with 300g SMKs and using Hodgdons data am at a full grain over before I could get a group but not a great one. No pressure signs at all yet but over 2800fps with a 26" tube with 100rds down it. Just don't know how far to push this. H1000 has worked VERY well so far in this one but not going to do me any good if I can't get it lol.
The "nothing so far" is I haven't done any reloading for that cartridge yet. Still fairly new with less than 40 rounds down the pipe. 4 of the 300's are.......300smk, 300hybrid-otm tac, 300custon-comp and 300fmj. Using LRT for anything under 270gr will require lots of compressed powder (best guess is 115% or more). I also have 230edlx's and 250fmj's for testing. I don't expect much velocity with the heavier (270's and up) from a 24" barrel.

The "nothing so far" is I haven't done any reloading for that cartridge yet. Still fairly new with less than 40 rounds down the pipe. 4 of the 300's are.......300smk, 300hybrid-otm tac, 300custon-comp and 300fmj. Using LRT for anything under 270gr will require lots of compressed powder (best guess is 115% or more). I also have 230edlx's and 250fmj's for testing. I don't expect much velocity with the heavier (270's and up) from a 24" barrel.
Gotcha. Would think by now since this powders been available there would be more good data available for this especially since it's supposedly made for this cartridge.

Gotcha. Would think by now since this powders been available there would be more good data available for this especially since it's supposedly made for this cartridge.
The 250gr range seems to be what it was designed for, but you'll need LOTS of powder for that. I might need to recheck Ramshot's site for data again?

I was developing a load with 285 A-Max. Go to powder was the H-1000, but stopped for various reasons. Never got back to it. Curious to see what you guys find with a 250, 285 and 300 grain bullets. Might start up again. According to GRT for my rifle, 285A-Max and H1000 I should load 91.5 grains.

LRT looks like it was designed exactly for the 300 RUM shooting heavy-for-caliber bullets (210 grains on up). I load it behind Berger VLD 210s and Hybrid 215s and 230s, also SMK 220s, in my 300 RUM with a 28" barrel. Velocities at or over 3,000 fps. QuickLoad example: Berger 215 with 100.5 grains of LRT, 3.8" COAL, 28" barrel yields 3,038 fps right at pmax. LRT, RL-33, N570 all perform very similarly in the 300 RUM with these bullets.