Raising a New Puppy

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Another addition to our family.
Well we got a new Bernese Mountain Dog puppy "Maximus" last Saturday and we have him for one week now. Cassie our 1 and 1/2 year old Great Pyrenees and Maximus are getting along great! Cassie still wants all the toys for herself, it is a lot of fun watching a puppy play ang grow. His energy is almost unlimited. We put Maximus in a 6' diameter play pen at night and he didn't cry at all any night. He is almost house broken. When he wants outside he rings bells on the door. Does all his #2 outside but still takes a pee on the floor once in a while. Don't know how he can pee so much! Glad we have wood floors that clean up easy. He is growing so fast since we picked him out two weeks ago he is already 17#s. I think he is going to be a Bear and good protector/companion like Samson was and Cassis is now. He is already learning to bark, growl from Cassie when the driveway alarm goes off. He does not seem to afraid of anything.
I think we may breed him to Cassie in another year or so. Cross bred Bernese & Pyrenees dogs turn out to be really good family and stock dogs. We want to "GIFT" the pups to Combat Veterans. Will see how that goes in the future.
Raising and training Maximus is going to be a full-time job.
Len & Jill

Attachments

• Maximus 8weeks.jpg
    Maximus 8weeks.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Maximus 8 weeks.jpg
    Maximus 8 weeks.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Cassie Maximus.jpg
    Cassie Maximus.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Maximus Cassie.jpg
    Maximus Cassie.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 33
Pups can be great entertainment especially when they have another dog to play with. I'm sure he will provide endless memories and new stories to tell.
Now the work in training begins. I trained Samson then Samson help me train Cassie for PROTECTION now Cassie will help me train Maximus. These breeds of Canines are very smart and take advantage and train you if you let them. GREAT companions and give you unconditional love and protection.

Last edited:

Recent Posts