First puppy in a decade

P7M13

I'm in Commerce Texas visiting my oldest and her husband.
Out walking the back five acres this afternoon, find a puppy in the grass.
I'd guess six weeks. He's a hungry little bugger.
Bathed him, got prolly 300 fleas off him - the water ran reddish for the first minute.
Off to the vet tomorrow. Already noticed he has tapeworm.
Hopefully the airline won't have a minimum age limit.

Attachments

• 20230326_181429.jpg
    20230326_181429.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
  • 20230326_125929.jpg
    20230326_125929.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 161
Other than multiple types of worms, six weeks old and a clean bill of health.
Looking at the proud male I see roaming the county roads out here, I'd say he has Coonhound in him.
On an aside, I so much prefer country vets to city ones. I hope this brightens your day compared to the horrible news from Nashville.

1679961239879.png

Other than multiple types of worms, six weeks old and a clean bill of health.
Looking at the proud male I see roaming the county roads out here, I'd say he has Coonhound in him.
On an aside, I so much prefer country vets to city ones. I hope this brightens your day compared to the horrible news from Nashville.

View attachment 451387

One good looking fellow right there.

I'm in Commerce Texas visiting my oldest and her husband.
Out walking the back five acres this afternoon, find a puppy in the grass.
I'd guess six weeks. He's a hungry little bugger.
Bathed him, got prolly 300 fleas off him - the water ran reddish for the first minute.
Off to the vet tomorrow. Already noticed he has tapeworm.
Hopefully the airline won't have a minimum age limit.
Oh my goodness what cutie!!!

This reminds me growing up my mom and sister always wanted another puppy and dad would walk around muttering and grumbling

"Dammit, when does it stop? We don't need another dang dog…"

Years down the road mom and sister are FURIOUS with that same dog…because invariably it has bonded with my father more than them 🤣

Last year my dad had a heart attack. He's doing great now, a medical miracle. But he lives alone out in the country and for a while it was looking like that wouldn't be a good idea going forward and people suggested moving into town.

"Well the thing is, what about Axle (his current dog)? A lot of places won't let you have a dog and….well I don't know if she'd be okay without me" 😭

We all knew darn well what he was really saying. DONT SEPARATE A MAN AND HIS DOG!

WOW!
Glad that you took the pup in. Can't imagine who would just get rid a dog or cat. After I got out of the Corps I found a puppy just like you when I was hunting. I was about 200 yds off a back road in a field and a small 6-7 week old pup came crying up to me. Was a GREAT companion for many years.
We currently live in the country and at least once a year someone will drop off a kitten or pup on our road and they always seem to find our garage or front door.
Great looking pup and will be your best friend for the rest of his/her life!

I was just talking about Abandoned animals. we have Coons -Ricky & Rocky and Opossum-Benjiam Button. within the past two weeks we have two full grown cats on our back deck with the other three -Ricky, Rocky, & Benji. Just a few minutes a new kitten about 4 months came on the deck and table. Pure Black and what looks like some dark brown. tiger stripes.
Not any of our neighbors animals. Lucky that we have a good friend that is a vet and I meds for them and any treatment that i can't do he will and also does the blood tests at a low cost.
We are animal magnets and they end up adopting us.
We probably spend more on all the animals to feed than our own food.
Definitely Support Animals!

Just got a feeling that this pup was ment for you. A year from now post how much joy it has brought you.

I was 5 hours from the house one day and stoped at 7-11 for gas. This little pup walked up about 12 weeks old or so. Looked just like a chocolate lab but the legs of a bassed hound lol Asked the manager and they had been feeding it. With there ok I took her home. Honestly one of the best dogs iv ever had. Like she knew I saved her. Named her Heart Dog.

Good to see people with a good heart. Hope there's years of joy for y'all