Rail for Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon

Roughwater

Hi,

I just ordered a Hells Canyon Speed in 28 Nosler. I have a Burris Eliminator 3 on another rifle and want to test it out on my new 28 Nosler. I need a rail for mounting the Eliminator and I'm confused about ordering a rail for it. My questions are, will any Long action rail advertised for a X-bolt fit the Hells Canyon 28 nosler or do I need one specific to the hells canyon model? Do all X-bolts have the 4 screws holes at each end? I ask as I looked on line for X-bolt warne type rails and the attached pics seem to all show only 2 screw holes at each end?
Any help would be appreciated.

Egw has 6 available, 0 and 20° for short, long and wssm...quality rails and as far as I know all recent x-bolts have the 4 screws in front and rear including the HC, you can see the 4 holes per end on the egw website

Appreciate it Mudrunner and Tony. I finally found one site that actually explained that the X-bolt rail would have 4 screws per side and that the pic displayed would be updated. For what it's worth the Eliminator doesn't use rings. It bolts directly to the rail. Don't know if I'll leave it on their though as it's a heavy sucker.

Cohunt,
Somehow I missed your post last night. Guess I was reading from the last post up and also I had never heard of EGW but I looked their site up this AM. I was very impressed with their site! They had actual pics of the product and recommendations for mounting etc. Much more than the well know brands have. If I need another mount in the future I will check them out first. Thanks again for the excellent recomendation.

I've bought EGW, Warne and Talley rails for Browning, and Bergara this year. The Talley rail was the only one that I did not have to grind down the screws over the barrel thread. Although the others did in some cases have shorter screws included, they were still not short enough. I got the Talley rail direct and delivered in two days. They will be my go to company for my next purchase. Although I don't need another rifle but many of you know how that goes........

I've bought EGW, Warne and Talley rails for Browning, and Bergara this year. The Talley rail was the only one that I did not have to grind down the screws over the barrel thread. Although the others did in some cases have shorter screws included, they were still not short enough. I got the Talley rail direct and delivered in two days. They will be my go to company for my next purchase. Although I don't need another rifle but many of you know how that goes........
EGW typically comes with 2 different length screws (at least they do for the Rem 700 rails). The long screws are for the rear (thicker part) of the rail, and the short screws are for the thinner front part, so they don't interfere with the bolt. Not sure if the X-Bolts are this way, but just wanted to point that out because I have heard this from someone before.

Also, I have bought nearly 20 EGW rails for various brands and models, and I have yet to grind down any screws. Just my experience.

They will be my go to company for my next purchase. Although I don't need another rifle but many of you know how that goes........

In my older age I find less and less things that excite me. Of those things that do one is planning and going on a Elk hunt. Also another thing as I have recently discovered has been buying a new rifle. Neither is a youth pill but they motivate me more to get away from the TV and live real life especially the prospect of Elk hunting another season. Based on my own expierence I feel like anyone's life can be enhanced my having the prospect of doing something in the future they look forward to. I'm going on 69 and my mother is still living. She lives in Ohio and has been going to the beach in North Carolina nearly every year since 1970. That is her life motivator. She looks ahead to it every year more than anything else. When folks find little to look forward to in life then life becomes less meaning full to them. Didn't mean to get off the subject just thinking folks need a little motivator in life. I recall my DI in boot camp being a great motivator! ;)

The difference between the Hell's Canyon and regular X-Bolt rails is the color of cerakoting. Other than that the specs are the same.

All X-Bolts have the four-bolt "x-lock" pattern to them. Always have. Was the marker of the generational change when they left A-Bolt land.

EGW and Talley both make great stuff.

The difference between the Hell's Canyon and regular X-Bolt rails is the color of cerakoting. Other than that the specs are the same.

All X-Bolts have the four-bolt "x-lock" pattern to them. Always have. Was the marker of the generational change when they left A-Bolt land.

EGW and Talley both make great stuff.

Again appreciate the info much bbckfh. I'm not yet very familiar with the X-bolts. The only browning rifle I ever owned was a BAR in 30-06. I really liked it but only owned it for a few years at a time when I didn't have much access to hunting areas nor time to hunt much so I sold it. But I've always thought highly of Browning products.
As to rails and rings I have seen the Talley products recommended especially by those who own lightweight rifles like the Kimbers and Tikkas.

Again appreciate the info much bbckfh. I'm not yet very familiar with the X-bolts. The only browning rifle I ever owned was a BAR in 30-06. I really liked it but only owned it for a few years at a time when I didn't have much access to hunting areas nor time to hunt much so I sold it. But I've always thought highly of Browning products.
As to rails and rings I have seen the Talley products recommended especially by those who own lightweight rifles like the Kimbers and Tikkas.
Get the EGW aluminum HD rail and save your money for a good set of rings like the TPS TSR-W's that Len sells through the LRH store. They are self aligning and don't need lapping so not only do they save you money on the front end, they save you time and money on the back end as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.