Quickload- Need some help

westernsky

Does anyone out there have the quickload software?

I want to try the ELD-x bullets but don't know where to start on charges. If anyone would be willing to give a start and max I would really appreciate it.

7mm Dakota 26" barrel 1-8" twist
Hornady ELD-x 175
Hodgden h-1000 powder

I shot 180 Berger's before I rebarreled but I know that the eld-x have more bearing surface so I'm scared to use my Berger load. Not much info published available on the Dakota.

To be reliable, QL is calibrated with a lot more data than you're aware of.
You should buy the software & learn to use it, or lookup the info for 175gr bullets (any) in a manual.

To be reliable, QL is calibrated with a lot more data than you're aware of.
You should buy the software & learn to use it, or lookup the info for 175gr bullets (any) in a manual.
Thanks for the reply. I knew there was other info needed but couldn't remember what it was. I my COL with the eldx will be 3.430.

I would like to buy QL but I can't justify it when I just need a starting point for one load.

I don't want to use any 7mm 175 for my Dakota since the eldx has a much longer bearing surface (friction) even compared to the Berger I shot before.

Neither QL nor any manual will account for a longer bearing surface in itself, as any affect of it is not defined, if existing at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.