QuickLOAD data for 6.5WSM anyone?

txsendero

If any of you quys that have QuickLoad wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate the data from it for the 6.5WSM since it is not in any of my loading manuals. Please PM me or reply back to this thread if you are able to help. I thought I had a good load developed for it, but it was not repeatable or consistent, and I hate to burn through a bunch of components without going in the right direction.....

26" 1-8 twist barrel, Hodgdon H4831SC and H1000 powders, WW brass with H2O capacity of 79.3 grains, Berger 140 gr Hunting VLD bullet, COAL (to tip) 2.995"

Thanks for any help.

This is not quick load data but is a working load in my 6.5 WSM- (work up to it with caution) clean, low ES 1/2 moa or better. Set up for 140vlds

Reloader 17 56.5 grains
ww cases 270 WSM
215M
140 VLD
3200 fps 0.005 engaged
26in. 1/9 shilen select match

Slewfoot

Thanks Slewfoot, also, did you neck turn your ww brass, and if so, how much clearance did you leave (difference between loaded round neck diameter and chamber neck diameter?)

Thanks Slewfoot, also, did you neck turn your ww brass, and if so, how much clearance did you leave (difference between loaded round neck diameter and chamber neck diameter?)

I'd also be interested in this. I have 6.5 RSAUM that I've been trying to resolve pressure problems on. I was wondering if the neck diameter and throat diameter correlated to any possible pressure problems.

Thanks.

Txsendero, I turned my necks just enough to cleane up, its not a tight necked chamber. Fired cases are .298 with bullet seated .295 + or - half a thousandth. I guess I have around .004 neck expantion allowing for spring back. Reloader 22 and H4831sc also work well with 120- 130 gr. bullets. Mag Pro works too but is a bit dirty. Good luck

Slewfoot

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.