Quick savage question

backyardsniper

I just ordered a savage 12 lrpv dbm under he assumption that it had the target accutrigger, that being the red one. I just read something saying that it did not. could someone that knows for sure please clarify this for me. I got it in 204 any other info you have on this rifle caliber combo's performance capabilites would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Not really sure about your model but savage is really good to deal with. They would be happy to send you the trigger you want for a small charge. The reason I like savage rifles is because they are soo easy to work on. The trigger would take 10 mintues to change.

The Target Accutrigger will have a red blade, I believe the model 12 has the Varmint Accutrigger that will take you lower than the standard to 1.5lbs, at least that is what my Model 12 is.

you guys are correct. The varmit trigger is an excellent trigger, but the target trigger is that much better. I think that instead of using the factory target trigger, I think I'd send the rifle to Sharpshooter and have them install their best trigger. By sending it to Fred you will also get the action timed and trued along with the trigger installation. You'll spend a few more dollars, but come out way ahead in the end.
gary

SSS EVO Triggers are crazy expensive. I'd only put one on a competition rifle.

$195 for the trigger plus $125 for a mandatory Time and True.

Give the Rifle Basix Sav-2 a try. I have one on my 338 Edge and really like it.

I've got 3 lrpv rifles and all of them have the target trigger. They are all single shots, don't know if that makes a diff or not.

Nathan

The key is the red center blade for the target trigger. I'm with geargrinder on the SSS trigger only if you needed ounces for shooting would it be worth it IMO, but I get along very well with the Accutrigger after a little spring making and swapping and a little touch up on the right surfaces.

SSS EVO Triggers are crazy expensive. I'd only put one on a competition rifle.

$195 for the trigger plus $125 for a mandatory Time and True.

Give the Rifle Basix Sav-2 a try. I have one on my 338 Edge and really like it.

I have thr Rifle Basix 2 on a 112. It's a good trigger for a Savage, but no where the caliber of the Sharpshooter Evo. Mine is set at 24 oz. with little creep in it. The gun has had a good bit of work done to it, so a real compairison with a factory trigger is hard to do. On the otherhand I liked the way the trigger broke on the R.B. over the Accutriggers I've shot.

I'll be better able to tell you what the difference is as soon as Fred gets a new Mod. 12 done for me. He's going to install the Evo trigger plus a few other add ons. So right now I'm waiting for Peaches to email me!
gary

The LRPV does have the target trigger. It is adjustable to 6oz. I just checked the weight of pull on one 2 weeks ago with Lyman Electronic Trigger Pull Gauge. The pull measured 6oz and felt every bit of it, too.

It's kinda hard to tell, I can see on the web site that the LRPV has the Target trigger but no DBM just single shot. Normally the DBM with a target action sets you back to a Varmint rig with that trigger. It's obvious what you have when you see it!
Make sure to let us know cause a target action as a repeater with the target trigger would be great!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.